The Official #9 Tennessee vs EKU Tuesday Game Thread (First Pitch @ 6:30 PM)

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
#9 Tennessee (17-4) Overall (2-1) SEC
322211_20210316_BB_ETSU_AF_054.jpg
VS
EKU (8-10) Overall (3-3) OVC

Cam_Ridley_01_2021_03_21_vs_UT_Martin_by_Corey_Rush_.jpg
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – No. 9 Tennessee returns to Lindsey Nelson Stadium to start a five-game homestand with a midweek contest against Eastern Kentucky on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. The Volunteers are coming off a series win at Georgia to open SEC play last weekend after winning Sunday's rubber game in Athens, 4-1. Tuesday's contest is the first of two scheduled meetings between UT and EKU this season.

GAMEDAY INFORMATION
Relying on the expertise of public health authorities, the state of Tennessee, appropriate university and government agencies including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we are implementing a number of new initiatives at Tennessee Baseball gamedays this spring. The well-being of our student-athletes, fans and staff are our top priorities and guide our decisions. Exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present; we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit.

The Southeastern Conference in August released several conference-wide fan health and safety guidelines for all member institutions this fall. The Tennessee-specific measures outlined on this page are in line with, and in addition to, the SEC's guidelines.

Parking
Baseball parking is located primarily in Lots GF1, G16, and C1.

Additional on-street parking is located in C10 along Todd Helton Dr. and Chamique Holdsclaw Dr. and along West Volunteer Blvd.

Handicap parking is located in marked handicap spaces on Pat Head Summitt St. and in the G16 Volunteer Blvd. garage. The 2021 parking map can be seen HERE (PDF).

For more information and gameday info, visit the Tennessee Baseball Gameday Information page by clicking HERE.

TICKET INFORMATION
Season tickets for this season are sold out. There are limited seating options still available for select games in the Porch and Deck areas. Fans should contact Maggie Coates at 865-974-9579 or mcoates4@utk.edu for more information.

There are no single-game general admission tickets being sold at the stadium this season. Single-game tickets can be purchased via Vivid Seats by clicking HERE.

In order to keep Lindsey Nelson Stadium as full as possible during a season with limited capacity, we are encouraging season ticket holders who are unable to use their tickets for a game(s) to either transfer your tickets to someone else (Instructions HERE), sell them on VividSeats (Instructions HERE) or participate in our new Seats for Student program (Instructions HERE).

BROADCAST INFO
Tuesday's game will be streamed live on SEC Network Plus and the ESPN app with Andy Brock (PxP) and Charlie Puleo (color) on the call. Fans can also listen to the game on UTSports.com and the UT Gameday app, as John Wilkerson and Vince Ferrara call the action.

SERIES HISTORY
Overall: Tennessee leads, 29-4
In Knoxville: UT leads, 17-2
In Richmond: UT leads, 3-0
Neutral Sites: N/A
Site Unknown: UT leads, 9-2
Last Meeting: W, 7-6 (April 10, 2017)

The Vols and Colonels will meet for the first time since 2017 on Tuesday. UT has won 12 of the past 13 meetings and is 17-2 all-time against EKU in Knoxville.

NOTABLE
Tidwell Wows in SEC Debut
Vols' true freshman Blade Tidwell made one heck of a statement in his SEC debut last Sunday afternoon. The Loretto, Tennessee, native put forth a dominant performance in Tennessee's 4-1 victory in Sunday's rubber game at Georgia. Tidwell gave up just one run on four hits while striking out six batters in a career-high 7.1 innings pitched and was named the SEC Freshman of the Week for his efforts.

Opening SEC Play on a High Note
UT opened SEC play with a series win at Georgia last weekend, marking the first time the Vols have won their opening series in conference play since 2014. It was also Tennessee's first series win in Athens since 2016.

Spence Continues to Rake
Senior shortstop Liam Spence is coming off another impressive week at the plate, leading the Vols with seven hits and two doubles. In UT's series at Georgia, Spence hit a team-high .429 while scoring five times and driving in four runs. The Australia native opened the series with a leadoff home run on Friday and reached base in all four games last week to extend his on-base streak to 24 games.

Walk It Out
Tennessee has been one of the most patient teams at the plate in college baseball this season, ranking fifth in the country and second in the SEC with 117 walks. The Vols drew 12 walks in Friday's 11-6 win at Georgia walked 26 times in four games last week.

OPPONENT SCOUT
EKU Colonels
  • 2021 Record: 8-10 (3-3 OVC)
  • 2019 Postseason: N/A
  • Head Coach: Chris Prothro (1st season) // Helped lead South Alabama to two conference titles and two NCAA Regional appearances as an assistant coach.
  • The Colonels were picked to finish sixth in the Ohio Valley Conference Preseason Poll. They have already beaten two ranked teams this season with wins over No. 15 Georgia Tech (Feb. 20) and No. 7 Louisville (March 16).
  • Junior infielder Daniel Harris was named to the OVC Preseason All-Conference Team and was also tabbed the league's preseason player of the year by D1Baseball.com.
  • Cam Ridley, Charles Ludwick and Caleb Upshaw have been EKU's top hitters this season. Ridley leads the team with 20 hits and 15 runs while Ludwick has the team lead with four homers and Upshaw is tops on the squad with 16 RBI.
  • Projected starting pitcher Brennan Kelly enters Tuesday's game with a 1-1 record and 7.90 ERA in seven appearances (three games started).
GAME PROMOTIONS
Upcoming promotions for all Tennessee athletics home events can be found on the UT Fan Experience page by clicking HERE.
Fans are encouraged to download the My All App for their phones and devices this season. The app is available on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store and will allow fans to participate in in-game trivia, the custom filter selfie cam and more throughout the year.

ON DECK
The Vols jump back into SEC play this weekend when they host No. 22 LSU at Lindsey Nelson Stadium. Friday's series opener will start at 6:30 p.m.

7/8 pitches by Fitzgibbons were strikes...I'll allow it even after being up in count as the great Greg Maddux used to say..the waste pitch is the worst call in baseball

1) Spence has a single to left field.
2) Ferguson walks w/ 4 straight balls.
3) Beck grounds out to 2nd baseman for TN .... 1st out.
4) Gilbert has a double ...... TN 2-0 with only 1 out.
5) Trey Lipscomb has a single up the middle for an RBI ..... TN 3-0.
6) DerKay pops out for the 2nd out.
7) Ortega walks ..... TN runners on 1st & 2nd now. Still 2 outs.
8) Kyle Booker strikes out looking.... TN 3-0.

Last edited:
ESPN+ is pissing me off. It keeps telling me I need to re-authenticate. I logged off and back on, used the code and am still getting this message. Never had problems with them until Vol baseball started this season, but have had quite a few since.

Reactions: ArdentVol
ESPN+ is pissing me off. It keeps telling me I need to re-authenticate. I logged off and back on, used the code and am still getting this message. Never had problems with them until Vol baseball started this season, but have had quite a few since.
ESPN hates us.

Cannot stand this announcers voice.. The way he says words with S's and T's... Trails his S's almost makes it whistle, and if word starts with a T for example the word two sounds like he says "tsoo" like nails down a damn chalkboard listening to him. I said it last 2 seasons.

Just getting in. I see we are ahead. How are we looking?

VN Store

Back