The Official #9 Tennessee vs. Arkansas Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN2

Can you post the stats that says they don't? Stupid question. As usual... ya'll completely miss the point. Is DOES NOT MATTER. Barnes is NOT going to change up his defense, period. The "zone" was an example of what other coaches do to "mix things up". Barnes does not and WILL not do that. Get it now?
Your the guy making bold statements not me. If you feel so strongly then provide the data to show the rest of us dumbarses what we’re missing. Or, maybe it’s an opinion instead of a fact as you’re presenting it.

From my observations the majority of high level athletes in all sports know their strengths and are confident in their abilities such that they believe their best stuff is better than what their opponents have to counter with. JMO

I think that the injuries to Fulk and Springer and the refs quick to call fouls on Pons are the biggest factors why TN has struggled with the last two opponents. Having James, Johnson, and Springer on the court at the same time at the top of their game and we’re elite.

Agree, but we need to start to get a handle on consistent 3's, become more consistent at the foul line, and not give up so much in the paint... the amount of open layups for bama was pathetic for a defense like ours... we will see what Barnes can do in terms of adjustments when we play Saturday away...

What we have going for us though this year we didn’t have last year is our main 7 can all lead us when having a good night.

I really wish Pons was pulling down more rebounds though. I get he chases the blocks, but we don’t have anyone inside to help Fulky on the glass.

JJJ gets a lot of rebounds for his position.

Yeah JJJ is one of our most consistent players it seems like, of course the negative is that he doesn't look to score a ton.

Hopefully he's getting the same talks Fulky gets from Barnes "you have to look for your shots more, you're too good not to be scoring in double digits every night"

I like where the team is, had a tough loss on a crazy night shooting. Then same problem the next game out, but we battled and found the win. Young guys working through adversity, Santi was having a bad night offensively but we see him dig in on the defensive side and then buries the FTs to ice it. Same with Keon had some mistakes/struggles but kept playing hard on defensive side and was clutch from the line.

Can you post the stats that says they don't? Stupid question. As usual... ya'll completely miss the point. Is DOES NOT MATTER. Barnes is NOT going to change up his defense, period. The "zone" was an example of what other coaches do to "mix things up". Barnes does not and WILL not do that. Get it now?

Calipari doesn't, Pearl doesn't, K doesn't, Izzo doesn't, Jay Wright doesn't- I'd say that group has accomplished quite a bit.

I like keon at the point... He wants to run in transition.... If it doesnt go in transition run the half court more with JJJ

I've been saying this too... Keon is the only guard that uses both hands equally well... and we desperately need someone to attack the right side of the court because other teams are over-playing us to the left as we saw last night the way Arkie defended Vescovi. With Keon at PG it would free up Jalen and Santi to play SG, and let JJJ play the 3-spot, where he is most effective around the rim. JJJ is not the best option at PG because his handle is too long, i.e. his dribble is too high and doesn't have a great first-step.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I've been saying this too... Keon is the only guard that uses both hands equally well... and we desperately need someone to attack the right side of the court because other teams are over-playing us to the left as we saw last night the way Arkie defended Vescovi. With Keon at PG it would free up Jalen and Santi to play SG, and let JJJ play the 3-spot, where he is most effective around the rim. JJJ is not the best option at PG because his handle is too long, i.e. his dribble is too high and doesn't have a great first-step.
Keon has handled his time at point better then I would have thought coming in but still seems like the ball gets away from him a little. I think he benefits from the fact that he can get by people to the rim so they have to give him a little more space then Vescovi when he is handling out front. I think JJJ has a good handle and could operate at point if needed.

Barnes saved his TOs last night. Had he not done that it could have cost TN the game as the last one was used when Vescovi was trapped with less than a minute left and he wasn’t able to pass the ball.
I’m pretty sure we actually used two there at the end. 1 when vescovi picked up his dribble, then another on the inbounds.

Vescovi does some things well, but alluding to your comments, we need a PG who is able to control his defender versus a PG who is controlled physically and schematically by his defender. It’s virtually impossible to get into your sets with someone who is physically unable to handle the pressure he sees.

Reactions: Volle

VN Store

Back