The Official #9 Tennessee vs. Arkansas Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN2

Gotta be athletic to go full switch. Fulky would be a liability with this philosophy.
Yeah, but honestly I think Fulky does a decent job of hedging because of his IQ and hustle. JJJ struggles with the switch at times.

Yeah, but honestly I think Fulky does a decent job of hedging because of his IQ and hustle. JJJ struggles with the switch at times.
I was really impressed with James' drives to the hole tonight. HUGE!!!!!!! if he continues to attack like he did tonight, 1) he can certainly draw beaucoup fouls and 2) a bunch of and ones.

Reactions: gainesvol82 and jp1
Gotta be athletic to go full switch. Fulky would be a liability with this philosophy.
Yeah its tough, I think if you purely were looking for a defensive lineup, you gotta put Pons at the 5 and JJJ at the 4. But despite what you'd think if you just read this board, we're already quite good defensively, and I dont think the drop off offensively is worth it anyway to sit Fulk longer than necessary. I wouldn't mind staggering their minutes a bit though so that Pons could sort of be the back up 5

Yeah its tough, I think if you purely were looking for a defensive lineup, you gotta put Pons at the 5 and JJJ at the 4. But despite what you'd think if you just read this board, we're already quite good defensively, and I dont think the drop off offensively is worth it anyway to sit Fulk longer than necessary. I wouldn't mind staggering their minutes a bit though so that Pons could sort of be the back up 5
Sounds like you've been studying the Hampton Five line up...Or Houston's 6'5" squad.

Yes. You can. You can ALSO get lit up playing man OR a match up zone like Arkansas did some tonight. The POINT is... most coaches switch up. Barnes does not and WILL not. Care to argue?
Since you’re pushing this narrative, post the statistics that says over 50% of teams regularly switch in zone

I see your facepalm...and raise you a Fleet Commander...
98ba9fa98037a5d4b14c090d8216b5ad.jpg

There are also varieties of zone. Barnes is definitely a m2m aficionado. It helps in his recruiting efforts. It's an NBA thingie.

Very good point & he’ll even tell you. He wants long & athletic guys who put in effort on defense, they are defensively ready for league play when leaving his teams.

And Barnes wants to make his guys the best he can so they can have a shot to play at the next level. Ultimately if our guys aren’t sagging so much on drives the 3s aren’t as open.

VN Store

Back