The Official #8 Tennessee vs. USC Upstate Game Thread, 5:00 PM ET, SEC Network

James and ON look like they have shown the most development since, last year. Maybe Bailey, too, hard to tell, I don't remember watching him play at Oregon.

Yeah, I guess you are right. It just seemed that he has went for stretches where he didn't do much in the positive category. I went back and looked at his highlights from last year, and I guess I may not be giving him enough credit. He just seems to be playing with more confidence now.
Yeah he’s definitely improved from last year. I think a lot of folks have given up on him too early. He shouldn’t have been playing last year but had to

Reactions: i2amavol
Yeah, I guess you are right. It just seemed that he has went for stretches where he didn't do much in the positive category. I went back and looked at his highlights from last year, and I guess I may not be giving him enough credit. He just seems to be playing with more confidence now.
Huge game tonight for Nkamhoua.

Didn’t really show up and still won by 20 so hard to complain too much.

Really need pons to find something from 3 though. His shot has looked really off so far this year. Need him to find a rhythm to help the spacing.

I’d be fine with Pons rarely taking a 3 and instead staying close to the basket. We have plenty of great players that face the basket. Pons just needs to hit a 3 every game or two to keep defenses from cheating and doubling up Fulk.

Reactions: Sportslady
I think its ignorant to say at this point the book is closed on Pember. Barnes has shown you over and over he is grea at developing players.

He hasn’t developed one single player here that wasn’t in the rotation in their second year on campus

Not one

James and ON look like they have shown the most development since, last year. Maybe Bailey, too, hard to tell, I don't remember watching him play at Oregon.
Bailey is a straight baller. Perfect player for Barnes. Mad skill set but needed a coach to turn the right knobs. Had he’d been available last year the record would have looked a lot different. One, he is physical as hell. We’ve often lacked guards who are built like this and use their physique like they should. Two, he doesn’t have to be prodded to score. No hesitancy to shoot.

It looks like we’ve got a solid rotation of five guards who are almost completely interchangeable and can be mixed in any combo. Gaines is available in a pinch.

I said last game that a few defensive weaknesses were exposed. The difference in margin is also exactly what I pointed out. Three point shooting. St Joe’s was 20%.

The over pursuit of Fulk guarding the pick man has got to stop. He has to know his man is going to roll, and he is leaving the paint completely empty. The last two teams have uses their over aggression against them and gotten easy buckets.

You can say I’m being negative but it’ll burn them when they play a more talented opponent.

Reactions: tn4elvis
He hasn’t developed one single player here that wasn’t in the rotation in their second year on campus

Not one

Let me ask you a question....would you consider this Barnes deepest team? Would Fulkerson even sniffed the rotation in his 2nd year here if the talent was similar? He turned out ok.

Reactions: cardvolfan and TNBV
Let me ask you a question....would you consider this Barnes deepest team? Would Fulkerson even sniffed the rotation in his 2nd year here if the talent was similar? He turned out ok.

Yes fulky would be playing over Olivier

I think he’s saying If they haven’t shown up in year two, they haven’t panned out.
I’d give him Pons, as he didn’t really blossom until year three.

He started a bunch of games as a soph.
my stance is you can’t develop on the bench

it’s why I still have a lot of hope for Olivier.
He’s developing

Not one
Different situation. This team is much deeper than any team Barnes has had. Let it play out and then crow if Pember doesn’t do anything. Running your mouth now just makes you look stupid and trying cover up fir how wrong you were in Bailey.

VN Store

Back