The Official #8 Tennessee vs. #22 Auburn SEC Tournament Championship Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, ESPN

The thing that has infuriated me about this team all season now is I don't get how we look great for a long stretch and then like a switch we just start playing brain dead.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Lol your opinion is just that.. Yours..
Have a great day! 😏👋

Auburn has played an additional game = fact
Their game yesterday with it coming down to the wire was emotional = fact
Tennessee has more turnovers than half their points = fact
That's *****ing the bed so far.

Reactions: TN1111
I’ve seen this team overcome greater odds, and let’s not forget how streaky Bruce Pearl teams are... Anyone else remember more than once UT being up big in the NCAAT and choking away the 2nd half?

That being said, if Bruce finally wins an SECT championship after choking several away at UT, I’ll be just a bit resentful.

Meh. If we didn’t miss layups and turn it over we’d be winning. Kind of a meaningless angle

But we continued to do it the whole half. Many unforced. I'm sure it's a lot harder than it looks but you know two things facing Auburn: 1) defend the 3 and 2) don't give them cheap ones with a bunch of turnovers. That means you have to make crisp low risk passes. The ball security was awful. Some of it was forced but the rest was just losing the ball. What happens with Auburn is once they get you reeling the other guys get confidence to do more.

Reactions: knox73
If we can go on an early run and cut the lead to 5 or less things can get really crazy in that arena...I can see Auburn Panicking.....they have shot alot, but aren't shooting at a high percentage. We can turn things around real quick if we can limit turnovers and have some efficient possessions.

Reactions: OneVolNation
This kind of crappy performance is why I have BVS.
Exactly!!! We are the better team,we are a team full of upper class men, we have the revenge factor on our side and they have played an extra game than us, their really just is no excuse for this!! All I can keep thinking is this is so Tennessee!!! With a championship on the line all they had to do was show up and play a decent game and it was ours! Of course they didn’t show up!!! Prove me wrong vols!!! Cure my BVS in the second half!!!!

A loss today reaffirms my decision that coach Barnes is a very mediocre coach. He just sits their while we are getting beaten badly, no emotion, no fire. the players take on the mentality of their coach.

I love Turner but damn it seems lately he's good for 1-2 unforced turnovers a game lately. Like just dribbling it down the court and he loses it.

VN Store

Back