The Official #8 Tennessee vs. #22 Auburn SEC Tournament Championship Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, ESPN

Huge thud for this bunch. Not very often have I questioned its heart and character, and I’m still reluctant to do so, but man that was ugly. Even when we had the early lead it was just no offensive rhythm and bad turnovers. You just knew it was gonna be bad if Auburn’s shots ever started falling, which they obviously did.

All things considered I just don’t think this group is as good as a lot of people like to pretend it is. This is what an off day looks like for a team of UT’s caliber. Don’t get me wrong, we have some ballers, and they’ve meshed very well into a solid, veteran team that trusts each other and can beat anyone on the right night, but there’s no cruise control for this model. They’ll never be bailed out by raw talent, and their floor is pretty low as a result. Sometimes great coaching can overcome that. Sometimes not.

I still believe UT will quite easily make it out of the 1st weekend of the tournament. Although losing is certainly not impossible, believing otherwise is just raw emotion and irrational pessimism at this point.

The 2nd weekend, however, is what I think will determine this season’s standing in historical context. A Sweet 16 exit would be a bit of a letdown. Definitely not a bad year, but ultimately filed away as “meh” given the hype and the journey. Getting one win and reaching the Elite 8 would still be grounds to call this an incredible year, but after blowing both conference titles, I think it will take a Final Four for this team to be considered truly historic. And that all largely depends on where the chips fall this evening.

29-5, made it to the championship game, beat KY twice, will be a 2 seed in the big tourney...... there was and still it a lot to be happy about and proud of, from this team, this season.
Post of the day. I was @ the game today and very disappointed in the outcome, but it’s been a great season with more to come! Auburn just played well and showed more athleticism. Plus they are able to go ten deep. Our bench is hurting us and could be our Achilles heel going forward. Plus Lamonte struggles at point guard w lack of ball control.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Man, glad I wasn’t working today and didn’t watch this game. Sometimes you just don’t match up well with a team and they have your number, but getting manhandled is twice by this bunch really sucks. On to the NCAA. We shall see.

Huge thud for this bunch. Not very often have I questioned its heart and character, and I’m still reluctant to do so, but man that was ugly. Even when we had the early lead it was just no offensive rhythm and bad turnovers. You just knew it was gonna be bad if Auburn’s shots ever started falling, which they obviously did.

All things considered I just don’t think this group is as good as a lot of people like to pretend it is. This is what an off day looks like for a team of UT’s caliber. Don’t get me wrong, we have some ballers, and they’ve meshed very well into a solid, veteran team that trusts each other and can beat anyone on the right night, but there’s no cruise control for this model. They’ll never be bailed out by raw talent, and their floor is pretty low as a result. Sometimes great coaching can overcome that. Sometimes not.

I still believe UT will quite easily make it out of the 1st weekend of the tournament. Although losing is certainly not impossible, believing otherwise is just raw emotion and irrational pessimism at this point.

The 2nd weekend, however, is what I think will determine this season’s standing in historical context. A Sweet 16 exit would be a bit of a letdown. Definitely not a bad year, but ultimately filed away as “meh” given the hype and the journey. Getting one win and reaching the Elite 8 would still be grounds to call this an incredible year, but after blowing both conference titles, I think it will take a Final Four for this team to be considered truly historic. And that all largely depends on where the chips fall this evening.

I could not have said it better. I think the first paragraph gave us a hint into what worried me about this game once you saw our sloppiness even with a small lead.

Try reading my posts. You’re the one who responded to my post about what it means to the ncaa tournament

Yeah, and Auburn had to play 4 intense, tough games in 4 days to win the SEC Championship.

That's what ELITE TEAMS who deserve their ranking do. WE haven't demonstrated that ability all year.

And on point--ANY team who makes it to the sweet 16 will have to elevate their game with quick turnarounds...i.e., in less than 48 hrs.

We had the advantage of KNOWING what we were gonna face against Auburn...and still couldn't elevate our game to WIN.

I don't even think we deserve a #2 seed....But Auburn has certainly earned it over the last 4 weeks.

Reactions: CJBlaze and CAVPUT
Yeah, and Auburn had to play 4 intense, tough games in 4 days to win the SEC Championship.

That's what ELITE TEAMS who deserve their ranking do. WE haven't demonstrated that ability all year.

And on point--ANY team who makes it to the sweet 16 will have to elevate their game with quick turnarounds...i.e., in less than 48 hrs.

We had the advantage of KNOWING what we were gonna face against Auburn...and still couldn't elevate our game to WIN.

I don't even think we deserve a #2 seed....But Auburn has certainly earned it over the last 4 weeks.
Learn when to quit

Rubbing it in are ya? Take a hike TROLL.

VN Store

Back