The Official #8 Tennessee @ South Carolina Game Thread, 3:30 PM ET, SEC Network

I was at the game. It was like a mausoleum in there. Awful, awful team. I think the Vols can have a great season.
If what you say is true (it's not) and USCe is an awful team, us beating them proves nothing except we are not awful.

Why do people think just thinking and saying everyone we play is terrible is some good thing? If everyone else is terrible then us winning means nothing. You all understand that right? It's ok to respect your opponent while still beating his head in. How about they are a good team (which their record says they are just like the last opponent). We were just that much better.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
If what you say is true (it's not) and USCe is an awful team, us beating them proves nothing except we are not awful.

Why do people think just thinking and saying everyone we play is terrible is some good thing? If everyone else is terrible then us winning means nothing. You all understand that right? It's ok to respect your opponent while still beating his head in. How about they are a good team (which their record says they are just like the last opponent). We were just that much better.
SC might be the worst team in the SEC. I agree with his assessment. Terrible? Probably not. The facts are Tennessee is improving offensively, and regardless who the opponent is, it bodes well going forward. We played very well and the last time we beat ANY SEC opponent on the road by 40+ was 1965.

Um what? Anyway, I said what I said. SC is an awful team. Vols are a good team.

Reactions: TennVols12

Nah dude, that team would be beaten by a few 4-A high school teams. They really are terrible, but I do understand what you’re saying.

Nah dude, that team would be beaten by a few 4-A high school teams. They really are terrible, but I do understand what you’re saying.
Wasn’t their freshman we shut down the #1 ranked recruit in the country? They also had a guy shooting over 50% from 3 for the season. And thei big guy was battling our bigs very well. I don’t think they are nearly as bad as some others have stated and I don’t think there’s a 4A HS team that could beat them 3/10 times if at all. JMO

Wasn’t their freshman we shut down the #1 ranked recruit in the country? They also had a guy shooting over 50% from 3 for the season. And thei big guy was battling our bigs very well. I don’t think they are nearly as bad as some others have stated and I don’t think there’s a 4A HS team that could beat them 3/10 times if at all. JMO
Hopefully, he knew he was just blowing smoke, otherwise he’s just wrong. I think he knew but was trying to prove his point. SC is not very good. On some nights, they are decent, and on some nights they are bad.

Hopefully, he knew he was just blowing smoke, otherwise he’s just wrong. I think he knew but was trying to prove his point. SC is not very good. On some nights, they are decent, and on some nights they are bad.
I think they have some pieces and could be a middle of the road team if they gelled. ATM, either we made them look bad or they are bad? Will be interesting to follow their season and see if they’re somewhat competitive with the average or below SEC teams. Paris did a nice job at UTC so I doubt they go winless in the SEC.

Reactions: cardvolfan

VN Store

Back