The Official #7 Tennessee @ #12 Missouri Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, SEC Network

If he stays, he will play meaningful minutes here, imo. May take 4 years, but Gaines has mad skills, especially on defense, just needs a little longer to develop. Barnes seems to develop players like Gaines if they stick it out

The problem is he will be recruited over year after year. Same with Pember

Reactions: 1985Vols and Flovol
Except he’s a grad transfer, not a freshman

He’ll be a big time piece for us next year, assuming we lose Fulky & Pons.

EJ isn’t explosive and plays on the court, reminds me of a less offensive Maymon (especially after his injuries). Not sure EJ will be a 10/8 guy though like Maymon was.

What's great is our depth, last year fully had to bail us out, this year we have 7 that could put 10 + on you. I think we have 4 that could take over games for us if needed. Fully, vescobi, springer, bailey.

If Pember stays 4 years, I think he will contribute, too. Yeah, they may be recruited over, but if they stick it out, both will contribute, maybe as role players, but still contributers. Every team needs players like these kids, imo

+ 1st time playing in this arena for:
Springer went 4-7
Bailey went 4-6
Annosike went 0-3
Johnson went 3-6
That's 37.4 ppg suddenly susceptible to the unknown. Newbies contributed 28 points tonight!

I will be surprised if Tennessee leaves the court with a win. We will be a much better team for having played this game, but most of the advantages tonight lie with Missouri.

Updated. I'm convinced. We're really a good team.

I don't think it is a talent problem for him. He needs to add 10 - 15 pounds of muscle, and work to refine his offensive game. Then, I think he will be hard to keep off the floor almost regardless of the talent we recruit.

He’ll be a big time piece for us next year, assuming we lose Fulky & Pons.

EJ isn’t explosive and plays on the court, reminds me of a less offensive Maymon (especially after his injuries). Not sure EJ will be a 10/8 guy though like Maymon was.
I've heard others compare him to Maymon, and I personally don't see it. From the first time I watched him, he reminds me of John Fields.

VN Store

Back