The Official #6 Tennessee @ Florida Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

The hand writing has been on the wall for a while. This is the first time that the result drove the point home. You can always dismiss the Alabama game as a hot team playing out of their minds but the truth that they are just flat out better hurts now that we know. The first halves against Arkansas and Vanderbilt, not being able to put a terrible Texas A&M team away. We just haven't played well since the the Missouri game. The good thing about college basketball is there is still plenty of time to put it together. Saturday would be a good time to start.

Again you say you avoid watching garbage rot after the basketball team loses 2 games, but you still pay attention to a football team that has basically sucked for 15 years, hasn't been nationally relevant in 20 years, hasn't won the SEC in 22 years, and based on the current situation it will likley be at least 30 years between SEC Championships if not more.
Will we have a football team in 2022?

Will we have a football team in 2022?
Would anybody miss it? I mean at this point I just feel like a masochist just because I never miss a football game. Let’s be real, my life would definitely be more fulfilled if I didn’t waste every Saturday in the fall, but I guess I’m a creature of habit. I don’t know anything other than watching UT basketball and football.

I was also hoping basketball would kinda replace football temporarily for me but I don't know if that is going to work out. I guess I believed the preseason hype about a final four and this and that. I'm just bummed that if GA beats us all three of our biggest rivals will have beat us in football and basketball this year. I mean at this rate we might not even win the SEC.

I was also hoping basketball would kinda replace football temporarily for me but I don't know if that is going to work out. I guess I believed the preseason hype about a final four and this and that. I'm just bummed that if GA beats us all three of our biggest rivals will have beat us in football and basketball this year. I mean at this rate we might not even win the SEC.
Who cares? If we were to go 22-3 and lose to Alabama, Florida and Georgia you’re really going to be upset?

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

Our biggest rival is Kentucky. This isn’t the Football Forum,

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Mike White hands you an a$$-kicking on Tuesday, and his brother is hired to be your boss on Thursday. Wonder what Barnes thinks of this hire?

Yes KY is our biggest rival in basketball and it would be a shame in a year when big blue is down that we didn't take advantage and win the SEC.

A Final Four was never expected. The rational, informed posters were hoping for an Elite 8 this year and to then build on it.

Most pre-season polls have TN around the 12-15 range. That translates to a Sweet 16.

A Final Four was never expected. The rational, informed posters were hoping for an Elite 8 this year and to then build on it.

Most pre-season polls have TN around the 12-15 range. That translates to a Sweet 16.

What about the SEC? I'm just asking for us irrational and uninformed posters.

The media also had TN winning the SEC. They still might but Alabama, LSU, and Florida are giving TN a run for their money.

Last edited:
I think your actually confusing the delusional segment of the fan bases expectations with realistic expectations. We could do those things but odds are we want.

I personally felt the SEC could be ours for the taking. Now I'm not so sure.

I don't think an SEC Championship was an irrational goal prior to the season, it was (and still may be) doable with the talent and experience on the roster. Final Four was too much to hope for though, imo

Reactions: orange_glory
I don't think an SEC Championship was an irrational goal prior to the season, it was (and still may be) doable with the talent and experience on the roster. Final Four was too much to hope for though, imo
No, it was never irrational. We were considered slight favorites but if an objective person was given the option of picking us or the field they would definitely taken the field.

Reactions: Vol49er
Looking back, this may have already been stated but I don't think Florida's strategy was to necessarily outquick the Vols but it became obvious as the game moved on. I think the initial goal was to get in an up and down high scoring game because that would be the only way they could win. They didn't think we could win in the high 70's or 80's because we have trouble scoring for some reason.

VN Store

Back