The Official #6 Tennessee @ Florida Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

Announcers were talking about size, but UF looks bigger than us down low. More length and very quick on outside.

If you had told me this team would start out 4-2 in conference play before the season, I would have laughed in your face.

Man, this loss really hurts.

It's a bad loss and there's no question that there is a huge offensive issue on Rocky Top. This almost certainly ends any regular season SEC title aspirations and probably kills any hope of a #1 seed unless the Vols lose just one more the rest of the way.

But, clichéd as it may be, the season isn't over yet. Dust yourselves off, beat Mizzou again on Saturday/MSU on Tuesday and prepare for a Top 15 matchup against Kansas.

The sad thing since starting SEC play is that other teams have figured us out. No one fears us offensively and teams are starting to hang points on our defense

Reactions: 1985Vols
I have no idea if that’s causing any of this whatsoever, but it’s not like you can eat much.
He is limited. It does take the starch out of you and to be honest, he should have been out of all strenuous activity after surgery for 5-7 days minimum.

It's a bad loss and there's no question that there is a huge offensive issue on Rocky Top. This almost certainly ends any regular season SEC title aspirations and probably kills any hope of a #1 seed unless the Vols lose just one more the rest of the way.

But, clichéd as it may be, the season isn't over yet. Dust yourselves off, beat Mizzou again on Saturday/MSU on Tuesday and prepare for a Top 15 matchup against Kansas.
That's very premature.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Fulky has played like this all year . He has been pushed around in every game that has a big man that weighs more than 225lbs
Pretty well known he had Covid and lost a good bit of summer gain. Then was battling wrist injury. I’d say he’s about 15-20 down from his summer weight.

Reactions: feathersax
If I didn’t know better, I’d think this team was just throwing this game. What a freaking “train wreck”

True. Bad UT teams have beaten KY over the years. Bad ACC teams beat UNC during their championship runs.

I’m not saying UT is a NCAA championship caliber team, as they aren’t imo, but it’s one game and a bad night for the Vols. My concern is the lack of shooting. We will not win four straight in the tourney with inconsistent shooting.
We definitely need to find a focal point and work the ball through a go to guy, or two.
I hate losing, especially to Florida and especially in blow out fashion, but I trust this staff to make us better. I don’t think we are a final 4 team but I think we could make a run and get to a final 4.
We took a haymaker from Florida tonight, gotta wake up tomorrow morning and go back to work.
GBO!!

Reactions: Vol49er

VN Store

Back