1) Virginia (1981)
2) North Carolina (2000)
3) Ohio State (2007)
4) Louisville (2008)
5) Ohio State (2010) - the only game we won
6) Michigan (2014)
7) Purdue (2019)
8) Florida Atlantic (2023)

The winner of the Creighton vs Oregon game will be the worst team we have ever played in the Sweet 16.

That UNC team we played in 2000 wasn’t anything to write home about. Creighton I would say is better than that team. Oregon is probably about the same, maybe a little worse.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
Like it or not, tonight game was a TEAM win. Everyone did what they needed to do, to Win. It's March. It's madness. Put your head down and Win. We did just that against a lesser opponent.
  1. If at first the game—or the breaks—go against you, don’t let up . . . put on more steam. - The General

That UNC team we played in 2000 wasn’t anything to write home about. Creighton I would say is better than that team. Oregon is probably about the same, maybe a little worse.
That was the game we gave away iirc. Slay got a T which gave UNC a four pint swing.

Reactions: BisonVol
By my count, Tennessee has played 8 teams in the Sweet 16 :

1) Virginia (1981)
2) North Carolina (2000)
3) Ohio State (2007)
4) Louisville (2008)
5) Ohio State (2010) - the only game we won
6) Michigan (2014)
7) Purdue (2019)
8) Florida Atlantic (2023)

The winner of the Creighton vs Oregon game will be the worst team we have ever played in the Sweet 16.
Creighton is better than quite a few of those teams actually

Reactions: cwbytruckers
Basically all of Oregon’s season they played without Dante apparently

Pretty sure they’re 12-8 in games with him. They weren’t unbeatable even with him the lineup. They’re playing well, but I think you still take them over Creighton.

VN Store

Back