The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. [7] Texas Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, CBS

JJJ didn't score a lot but had a great reverse layup and a clutch 3 late, a monster rebound that he held on to for the possession arrow and some great defense too. Vescovi had multiple great steals (congrats on the record) and played great defense.

We don't win without our elder statesmen, ZZ being in complete control, Mashack added the runner and great D, Aidoo/Awaka dominated the paint and DK finally found a way to get his. Gainey had some great defense and facilitated in the first half. Even Estrella had a dunk.

We needed everyone to win this. I doubt we shoot this poorly again but we are capable of multiple defensive games like tonight.
He did play tough, no denying that. Same for Gainey (who did throw an air ball on an open 3). But he still struggles on what to do with the ball in some situations. Pull up and shoot the mid range.

Reactions: gainesvol82
I keep thinking that goaltending call they magically erased could have ended our season.
I don’t see how they can go back and take away points but not give us the possession. Pretty sure the guy blocked it out of bounds so it would have been our ball if it wasn’t goaltending.

Man. I was afraid we were looking at heart breaking finish. When DK made the 1st 2 w 8 secs left I thought "that's it...we win...it's over." Then Texas hits that 3 and I'm thinking "oh crap" again. It's like come on...you guys tryin to kill me? Then DK hit those next 2 and......whew. I envisioned a scenario where DK misses and Texas hits a buzzer beater 3. Thank Gawd we pulled it out. Woulda ruined my weekend.

I keep thinking that goaltending call they magically erased could have ended our season.
The part that's strange about that reversal (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), but I thought when he blocked it that he knocked the ball out of bounds. So essentially we lost a possession because if they wouldn't have called it goal tending, then we still would have had the ball.

The Quasi Vol fan Anti-Barnes brigade will have to wait at least another week before they start their I told you so nonsense. I love their silence!
I can’t say that any of our losses I saw were necessarily a result of Barnes. I saw most of our losses and it was players that turned the ball over too much or we were ice cold and shot poorly all night. These players have that habit of going stone cold. That’s not on Barnes.

Creighton attempted 23 3’s first half . I think our style of D can help lock that down. .

23 in a half is insane! We took 25 the entire game

What’s funny is Cunningham gave us all the momentum towards the end of the 1st half after intentionally throwing Gainey to the ground.

Had he not done that, could have been a huge difference in the outcome of the game.

Reactions: EasternVol

VN Store

Back