The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. [7] Texas Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, CBS

I’m actually feeling pretty good about it. Not nervous, more like excited, similar feelings though, only difference is how your mind interprets it.

Texas is ranked 195 in tempo, so we need to be out and running and build a good lead. Close to a top 25 offense, 40-50th ranked defense, we are Top 5. Their non conference SOS is trash about 300th in the country, so they haven’t really been tested outside of their conference.

Aidoo really needs to have a productive day against Texas in the paint. He has size over Disu and would be ideal if he can get him into foul trouble. When Texas plays small, Disu may have advantage against Aidoo as he will take up him to the top of the key and isn't shy about shooting a 3 or putting on the floor. Abmas worries me a bit as he has ability to get hot and score in bunches. Guy has scored more than 3,000 pts in his career.

Don't give away any easy points, like missed layups and missed FTs and we should win.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Actually, this one worries me. First, I'm not sure we have an answer for Abmas. Can ZZ can avoid foul trouble trying to guard him....if he draws the assignment? Then there's Hunter. Can Vescovi handle the job? March is about guard play. Texas is very athletic especially in the back court. This is not a game for Gainey. If Barnes insists on trotting him out there over Mashack, we'll struggle. Will Barnes do the smart thing and roll with Mashack a lot more or maybe even give him the start? He might be our x factor but not from the bench. Then there's the pressure of facing Texas for Barnes. You know he wants it badly. Regardless of how he tries to portray things, everyone knows the truth. Will the team feed off his tension and play tight? Seems like every time we have some sort of special day....senior day, Lofton, etc...we lay the proverbial egg. Today it's a shot at the sweet 16 and it has to come against Barnes former team. Then they choose to move it to 8pm for max exposure. Big stage to be sure. It's just not a place we do well in. I think Texas knocks us off unfortunately. Everything seems to point toward Tennessee and that's when I adjust and tighten my cup.

Dude. Go get some afternoon booty - then grab a six pack and drink that. Then get aroll of toilet paper - you’re gonna **** when you see how badly we kick Texas’ ass tonight.

Damn son.

I think we'll need both of them plus Mashack. Texas is very athletic. I think this is exactly the kind of game that Mashack was built for. Just hope his number is called a lot more than Gainey's. This is not his kind of game. It's gonna be physical just like St Pete. Only difference is Texas has more and bigger dudes.
I love Mashacks aggressiveness…that dude will ball out along with ZZ but I agree with you.

The team needs the Warrior no mercy spirit, NOT the Kumbaya- thankful for being there mind set Barnes is known for in the NCAA.

There’s a pretty large section behind Michigan State’s bench that are open. This is the Tennessee section for our game so there may have been quite a few Vol fans able to land some tickets.

I’m actually feeling pretty good about it. Not nervous, more like excited, similar feelings though, only difference is how your mind interprets it.

Texas is ranked 195 in tempo, so we need to be out and running and build a good lead. Close to a top 25 offense, 40-50th ranked defense, we are Top 5. Their non conference SOS is trash about 300th in the country, so they haven’t really been tested outside of their conference.
Our conference SOS looked good until this tournament.

If Tennessee beats Texas, are we Thursday & Saturday again next week or could they make us play Friday-Sunday?

Lord, I get nervous every game whether Bball or Football. Whoop em Texans.

Go VOLS
Apparently Knecht, when he was at Northern Colorado lost to Texas 62-49 during the 2021-2022 season.

He only scored 4 pts in that matchup, but that was before he transformed his game to be a NBA lottery pick.

Hope he uses that as fuel to get this win.

Reactions: Ratvol and GBOx2
Same. I like our team vs Texas, but Tennessee’s tournament history keeps me nervous.
The NCAA tournament is nervous for all the powerhouses. Most fans forget the most important factor of all. There are only 5 players in the floor at a time. Most teams play less than 10 players a game. Talent is spread around. Other teams are GOOD.

Reactions: berryvol

VN Store

Back