The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. #11 [3] Creighton Game Thread, 10:09 PM ET, TBS/truTV

Barnes has to go with Mashack. No way he can start Gainey in this one? Surely not? As for the freshmen, my big complaint with Barnes is that he just didn't get them enough playing time early in the season and in blowouts. Now it might come back to bite him if Vescovi can't go and we get the tight whistle I expect tonight. About the only one I'd expect to see as an emergency/stop gap would be Estrella.
I think they earn their playing time in practice. If they don't understand yet something they need to be doing, Barnes won't let them reinforce bad habits in a game.

Welp, I’m drunk.
Not that anyone here is suspicious superstitious, but FWIW...

I had an Anchor steam beer with supper while listening to the baseVols. Georgia scored 6 in the 2nd inning and are now up 12 to 2.

No Anchor steam beers tonight while watching this game!

Last edited:
I’m hopeful Tennessee can defeat a Creighton team that did upset the Connecticut Huskies.
It’s likely to be a competitive game that Tennessee can win realistically if they can critical stops, and make critical baskets.

I’m trying harder than you realize.
Actually, Vescovi's ability to create space in defenses and passing lanes by driving the lane, or faking the 3 pointer, is underappreciated among fans.

Mashack is not as good driving from the wing. Come to think of it, neither is Gainey, IIRC. Both prefer to penetrate from the key.

Tip off time actually ended up working out perfectly for me tonight. Wife bought me tickets to go see Collin Mochire and Brad Sherwood from “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” On tour for tonight, bought them months ago and of course we end up playing but should be getting out of the show before the game starts thanks to the late tip.
And we got pulled on stage to start the show with them!!!! Vols win and this is one of my favorite days ever lol

VN Store

Back