The Official #5 Tennessee at Mizzou Weekend Game Thread (Game 1 Friday @ 7:30 PM) (Game 2 Saturday @ 4 PM) (Game 3 Sunday @ 2 PM)

I know I do. When my son committed to UT, we were the bottom. Our dream was that he would get to play in an SEC Championship and get to be a part of a Regional. Never dreamed in his first full year that he would be a part of a Top 4 team and have a chance to win a regular season SEC championship and/or SEC tournament championship, and host a regional and hopefully a super regional and if we play like we are go to CWS. You always wonder whether you son can compete. He had an incredible HS career in two states and played high level travel ball for years with teams in Tennessee, Missouri, Georgia, and SC. Played with the best and against the best but you still wonder. Proud he has played a part in helping his teammates compete against the best in the nation and still greater things to come. We are a true Blue Collar Team that has very few, what you would call stars, but a lot of hard working young men and a great set of coaches that will fight for each other. Hope LNS is packed this weekend and very rowdy. Could be #1 versus #2 but I don't think they will jump us that far. Definitely will be for a SEC regular season championship.

I hope you’ve booked your tickets to Hoover and Knoxville for regional. Congratulations to your son. Enjoy every minute and make as many memories as you can.

Great fielding team and the bull pen seems deep on paper, we’ll see... let’s get thru the midweek first.

Correct. Pitching may be a slight notch better and position players are very similar, no true super stud but anyone can be the hero that day, just like our lineup. Basically it’s going to come down to who plays better and both teams are very similar in makeup. I can see all 3 games being nail biters which may give us the edge.

Playing at home could be the difference maker……

Correct. Pitching may be a slight notch better and position players are very similar, no true super stud but anyone can be the hero that day, just like our lineup. Basically it’s going to come down to who plays better and both teams are very similar in makeup. I can see all 3 games being nail biters which may give us the edge.

Playing at home could be the difference maker……

Yep, that makes sense to me. Time to rock!

Last post on it. We are there. Very few care, we are the few, have been the few for a very long time. Let’s get the midweek. Then we can talk about what comes next.

GBO!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: therealitytheory
Last post on it. We are there. Very few care, we are the few, have been the few for a very long time. Let’s get the midweek. Then we can talk about what comes next.

GBO!!!
Yes, no looking ahead, finish season strong, don't underestimate anyone. Even if we win Arky series we still have to finish with SC. Don't put all our eggs in the Arky basket then spill them at SC.

Reactions: Border Vol
Cool and I will get off your lawn, now. Surely, somebody didn't try it in a game ? We agree there. But, Dave Parker and Barry Bonds used to catch fly balls with style, but I never saw 'em try a behind the back catch in a game
Actually I saw it in lower levels when I played.
Coach sat them down and chewed them out.
Kids being kids wanting to make an impression.
Reason it doesn’t happen in high school and above .

VN Store

Back