The Official #4 Tennessee vs Lipscomb Tuesday Game Thread (6:30 PM)

Awright... my bad people...

Series’ to keep an eye on this weekend...

Texas plays #11 RPI Texas Tech at home.

TCU plays WVU

Texas and TCU play the next week.

VU goes to UF and SC goes to Ole Miss.

Sorry, I been off all night tonight.

GBO!!!

It's nice to see volnation freak out syndrome not limited to football and basketball. Its baseball crap happens you have a bad night.

Grow up

Reactions: feathersax
Fact: midweek games this time of the year are worthless and the only team that wants to play them is the little brother type schools.
SEC players damn sure don’t have their mental edge geared up to play these games

Tonight’s game is meaningless
Yardwork today put me away, so I slept through the entire game, not even going to LiveStats. Wife told me when I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't. Ugh.

I think they were tired both physically and emotionally. Not saying they were not prepared but the grind of a long weekend, getting home after midnight on Monday morning and finals week all made the perfect storm. But as those of who have been around ball long enough know, some times a bad loss is just what it takes to get you going. There is no way we leave that many runners again this weekend. Overall, we are getting on base a tremendous amount over the past couple of weeks and I think it will happen again this weekend. We have been very fortunate and won a lot of games at the end this year and finally the tables turned for us. I think our guys will be rested by Thursday and ready to do what they know they need to do. I think 2-1 erases this game and I know a sweep does. As has been said those around us are playing each other so some of them will take two losses this weekend.

I think they were tired both physically and emotionally. Not saying they were not prepared but the grind of a long weekend, getting home after midnight on Monday morning and finals week all made the perfect storm. But as those of who have been around ball long enough know, some times a bad loss is just what it takes to get you going. There is no way we leave that many runners again this weekend. Overall, we are getting on base a tremendous amount over the past couple of weeks and I think it will happen again this weekend. We have been very fortunate and won a lot of games at the end this year and finally the tables turned for us. I think our guys will be rested by Thursday and ready to do what they know they need to do. I think 2-1 erases this game and I know a sweep does. As has been said those around us are playing each other so some of them will take two losses this weekend.

Stranding runners is not a late season mid-week phenomenom. Our situational hitting has been a struggle all year.

Everything else I completely agree. We'll shake it off and take care of business this weekend.

Last edited:
It's apparent some of you all have never played baseball before. It's a loss. It happens. Beating the tar out of everyone in baseball is a near impossibility.
This is so damn true. I think back to how many times "this team" was supposed to beat "that team" and it just wasn't their night. It's baseball, it's a long season, and slip ups happen for sure.

Looks like Atlanta Braves are going 100% seating capacity. Tennessee Gov has lifted the mask mandate. Any chance baseball tickets will be more available?

Reactions: NO SIR EEE
There are a lot of decent non P5 programs out there. Lipscomb is a decent program. VOLS offense has been streaky all year long. Too bad UT didn't go after the Houghton kid harder. Kid is a stud. Know him and his family well.

VN Store

Back