The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #9 Florida Atlantic NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, TBS

Good point. I admit that’s why I’m so disappointed. I had plans to take my son to final four if we made it. That and the college playoffs are in my bucket list. He’s a sophomore at UT and I’m 51 so not sure if that day will ever come in my lifetime. I thought last yr was the yr but we lost to USCjr. Win or lose, the memories at a game with someone close to you is priceless.

Agree. I live in Houston. Would have been amazing to have them here. I think there’s two kinds of fans in the world. There are those who will blow up every message board and call in show this week to proclaim how horrible the coach is, how horrible the team was. They only care about lifting the trophy at the end. Then there’s those who appreciate the moments, and the memories that give them joy throughout the season. Celebrating the wins with your family and friends. I‘m not saying one fan is better than the other. We’re entitled to choose what our fandom looks like for each of us - but I sure appreciate the journey personally. I have no doubt you’ll have plenty more of those moments with your son. Cheers!

Enjoy it while you can FAU. You are a Mid-Major. Your coach will likely get promoted to a real school and your AD given a new job. Then you can suck again and your fans can go back to cheering for whatever real school they actually root for.
While this may be true, it still does not change the fact that they sent a top SEC team in Tenn home. They are enjoying this win and they should

They were the aggressor, had the momentum, the crowd, and were getting the calls during the 20-4 run. That's how these things go. Officiating momentum works like any other form of momentum. Our coach needed to call a timeout and try to stop this momentum. He did nothing.
yeah someone needs to stage an intervention with Barnes with these timeouts. Idk what the deal is with that.

Also I think our assistants aren't as good this year. Lets find someone who can actually coach offense and shooting. The anecdote about barnes being amazed by the red tape Arizona put on the glass to show players where to put their layups always gets me...

We should have won this game. Offense was pitiful and we panicked in 2nd half. And they changed their game plan in 2nd half and wore us out with their quickness. Awaka should have played more imo. I’m a loss of words about ON, Key and others.
Idk how Akawa would have been on defense guarding Davis or the 7”1 guy. There 1-4 foot speed is elite. Our offense tho, just damn. Shrunk in the moment.

Reactions: vol94
I didn't get to watch much of the game as I was trying to catch sleep before going to work. Mostly I saw, we weren't as physical as against Duke and couldn't hit a 3 pointer to save our life. As one poster mentioned, we were out of place often on rebounds, too.
Come on Lady Vols, "Lets get back to where we once belonged" (key Beatles Music):cool:

So close to greatness just to get kicked in the shins. Tis TN tradition. Losing Hooker and ZZ in devastating fashion at the most in opportune times. Choking away a playoff spot, Omaha, and now this. Frikin maddening. Painful. I’m just 🤬
honestly think we need to do a sports medicine review. seems like the injury (and specifically acl) bug have hit a lot of our teams this year.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
FAU is the type of team you love to cheer for in the tourney unless you draw them. The KSU game will be a track meet
KSU will kill them IMO they won’t have an answer for Nowell. That’s what we don’t have somebody that does it every game. Orn 27 points vs Duke missed everything tonight didn’t score first half. Same with all our players on Offense show up some games disappear next game it’s very frustrating. It’s just not orn it’s JJJ & Phillips & Key their great on D but bipolar on O. It’s very frustrating to watch.

Idk how Akawa would have been on defense guarding Davis or the 7”1 guy. There 1-4 foot speed is elite. Our offense tho, just damn. Shrunk in the moment.
Awaka just didn't look good the little he was out there-- Wasn't a good match-- think he will be our next great player, but he's very young still.

Reactions: I4Vols
Got outscored 40 to 28.

FAU figured out that spreading the ball out on offense and using their speed negated the size advantage of the Vols in the second half.

Just an all around sorry offensive display.

If someone isn't lighting it up from 3 pt range for the Vols, they can't score. They don't know how to manufacture points in a structured offense and dont have the talent to create for themselves.

This team sorely needs a talent upgrade in the back court.

Love Vescovi but he has always been a little limited athletically.

Vescovi has no ability to create his own shot. JJJ is as inconsistent as it comes. Rick will never learn how to stop the bleeding of a big run by the other team with a timeout. What’s new?

While this may be true, it still does not change the fact that they sent a top SEC team in Tenn home. They are enjoying this win and they should

I told them to enjoy it. I was just reminding then that they certainly wont have another season remotely as satisfying.

VN Store

Back