The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #9 Florida Atlantic NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, TBS

Uros Plavsic was an embarrassment to our team tonight. Once they showed the flagrant foul where he elbow smashed the FAU player in the head that was such a cheap shot by a Vol. Pathetic.

Uros is a stiff with an attitude. He's not a good player--at all. In three/four years he's progressed from being genuinely terrible--a 2 on a scale of 1-10 to maybe a 3---and yet he likes to run his mouth and take cheap shots at opponents.

An analyst said yesterday in previewing our game that we only needed one guy to have a good offensive game and we'd probably win it. We had
nobody...We needed some ballers on offense.

Whoever thought up the throw inside to Uros, back to the basket, and let him make a move early in the game is no longer allowed to game plan. He should have been throwing it back out for the 3-point shot and getting rebounding position. Absolutely everything was wrong tonight.
Barnes signed off on it....also Barnes brought Uros in and had him developed...lol. I will say Uros scored 2 or 3 baskets in the beginning.

What is all this love for Vescovi? You all like guys that choke when it matters...but he's great cuz he tries hard? He single handedly blew the Mizzou game...then tonight missed two massive 3's in crunch time. This is who he is. Raise the bar. Sick of our teams of nice guys that don't do s**t...but everyone friggin loves em.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
What is all this love for Vescovi? You all like guys that choke when it matters...but he's great cuz he tries hard? He single handedly blew the Mizzou game...then tonight missed two massive 3's in crunch time. This is who he is. Raise the bar. Sick of our teams of nice guys that don't do s**t...but everyone friggin loves em.

You’re totally clueless

Just tell us you’re an idiot. It’ll save everyone time.

Reactions: sami
Why do most supposedly one and done guys flop at UT?

Not sure. KC and Soringer did well. I personally think Barnes coaches them too hard and burns them out where they dislike the game. K. Embraced it and decided to take over the gene Vs Michigan. Our offense isn’t meant for those used to putting up points n high school.

Why do most supposedly one and done guys flop at UT?

I'd prefer to not even recruit one and done's. There are two ways to win in college hoops - the blue blood schools get the elite, high pick types that can succeed as freshmen, but the best way to go at our level is recruiting guys who want to grow with a program, and build a veteran group you can make a deep run with every 2-3 years. Funny that Jon Scheyer is talking about getting back to that at Duke.

Most will leave along while one or two will hit the portal.

I look for BJ and Phillips to hit the portal. Not sure who beyond that might be suspect. Phillips needs another year or two in an offensive system, this idea of him being a one and done is really ridiculous. After the highly questionable benching of Awaka tonight, wouldn’t blame him if he listened to some pitches for his services. Of course, that might just be the defeat talking for me right now.

Argument could be made against transferring and with good, solid reasons. But these are young men and it’s awfully easy for them to get lost in the adversity of their situations here and jump ship.

Lol you seriously can't see the connection the sh** talking you just gave them? some of our fans.

No. I dont get how the number of our elite 8's have anything to do with reality. FAU will likely lose their coach to a real school. Their AD will get a promotion and get paid by a real school with resources.

All great coaches usually worked their way up the ladder and coached at a mid major. The difference is that they don't have the resources to retain good coaches/leadership.

I have football season to loom forward to. Baseball is exciting as well. At least our school can retain their coaches. FAU hires rejects like Kiffin and if they work out they go elsewhere.

3rd best 3 pt shooter in program history

Not sure. KC and Soringer did well. I personally think Barnes coaches them too hard and burns them out where they dislike the game. K. Embraced it and decided to take over the gene Vs Michigan. Our offense isn’t meant for those used to putting up points n high school.

That has to change to some extent if Rick is ever going to get a team beyond this point. Defense will always win you 20+ games and maybe a tournament game or two, but at this level you're running into teams that will shoot you off the floor, like tonight.

I for one am very disappointed. As long as Barnes is coach, Sweet Sixteen is going to be the best we do in the national tourney. And that's ok, but I'm still disappointed. I wish he would review everything and make some fundamental changes in his philosophy. He simply cannot get the most out of his talen with his offense. It kills us every year. If he doesn't overhaul his offense, we will bump our heads against this ceiling year after year after year. It's fine to teach great defense, but why not strive for great offense, too?

Im sick and tired of our mens and womans teams recruiting highly ranked athletes that cant shoot or handle the ball. FAU had multiple guys that could shoot yet we cant recruit and sign more than one every four years. At least now i know what im not doing Saturday. So sick to my stomach over another disappointing end to a long season.

Reactions: FlVols
Well… that sucked…

I guess as I was driving home I realized how everyone loses their last “real” game, except the champs.We lost today sure, but even if we won, we certainly don’t have the stuff, maybe magic to win the next three games.

The team looked lost today, offensively and defensively. I’ll let Zz be the reason for most of that. Wide open shots for the owls that of course they would eventually start making. And of course our legendary misses of wide open bunnies. Not a single hero that would put the entire team on his back and will us to victory.

I hate to say it, but we didn’t deserve to win today. The better team won, congrats FAU.

Truly rooting for Tennessee basketball is like Charlie Brown kicking the football. Just when you think it’s all lined up, that ole Lucy snatches it all away.

Reactions: LibertyVol
I for one am very disappointed. As long as Barnes is coach, Sweet Sixteen is going to be the best we do in the national tourney. And that's ok, but I'm still disappointed. I wish he would review everything and make some fundamental changes in his philosophy. He simply cannot get the most out of his talen with his offense. It kills us every year. If he doesn't overhaul his offense, we will bump our heads against this ceiling year after year after year. It's fine to teach great defense, but why not strive for great offense, too?
The first change in philosophy that Rick needs to adjust is to

CALL A TIMEOUT WHEN THE OTHER TEAM IS ON A RUN

That lost the game and has lost us many games

Periodt.

VN Store

Back