The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #5 Duke NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 2:40 PM ET, CBS

No such thing as a cakewalk in the tourney

Closest thing to it. Realistically we couldn't have a much easier S16 matchup. FDU could be pesky with our lack of a PG but we are overall much more physical and athletic than Purdue and should be able to punish FDU in ways they didn't. We should handle either FDU or FAU even in a less than perfect performance and should be more rested than our E8 opponent.

There's no team left that TN can't match size against with the possible exception of UK and I don't see them beating us a 3rd time this year.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Closest thing to it. Realistically we couldn't have a much easier S16 matchup. FDU could be pesky with our lack of a PG but we are overall much more physical and athletic than Purdue and should be able to punish FDU in ways they didn't. We should handle either FDU or FAU even in a less than perfect performance and should be more rested than our E8 opponent.

There's no team left that TN can't match size against with the possible exception of UK and I don't see them beating us a 3rd time this year.
I predict a UT vs Marquette Elite 8 game

Reactions: gainesvol82
If we could get some scoring from Triple J and Key going forward and everyone else do what they are doing in the first two games we can be a final four team. Key and Triple J four field goals today on about 18 shot attempts. Big O played the best game I have seen him play at Tennessee he was unstoppable.

Why are you undermining the win by crapping on Duke? Duke was as hot as anyone in the country. They won the ACC. Yes the ACC isn’t as good as it once was but it’s still a good conference. Plus, we controlled the game for most of it. There have been far worse Duke teams than this one, even under Coach K.

Yeah, you kind of just sound like a douche.

I’m very damn happy Tennessee finished in a winnable game because a moral victory aka not closing in a winnable close game is a very disappointing defeat.
This is the most beatable Duke team Tennessee has played mainly because no Coach K an elite head coach, and because the Blue Devils are a young team while Tennessee has experienced players which proved to be a main advantage when Duke had to play a team in their weight class.

Oral Roberts was a Station Wagon racing a Ford GT aka Duke.
Hot steaming take...nonsensical.

Reactions: volz2wallz
No, I’m saying it’s weird that the public perceives them as a massive favorite and we have no chance, but Vegas disagrees. Vegas is letting people put a bunch of money on Duke and not moving the line, probably because they think Tennessee will win.

Vegas always wins. Tennessee made the house a lot of money.

VN Store

Back