The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #5 Duke NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 2:40 PM ET, CBS

Huge public favorites like this usually dont work out well.
Its very telling the line hasnt moved more with all the money coming in.

Definitely feels weird that Duke is seen as this overwhelming favorite and Tennessee has no chance to win, but Vegas hasn’t shifted the line even half a point since it opened.

Definitely feels weird that Duke is seen as this overwhelming favorite and Tennessee has no chance to win, but Vegas hasn’t shifted the line even half a point since it opened.
Its gone up a point, it was 2.5, last I saw was 3.5.... But if Duke was such a big favorite they would be -250 or more with this much money coming in.

I sincerely hope that Barnes and his team surprise me today in a good way. Both he and the team are way past due on having an excellent game. A win today could propel them into the Elite 8.

Go Vols. Time to shock the world.

Yeah, I think Vegas has it right with a close game favoring Duke. Definitely not overwhelming, though. I think we lose the edge considering our recent history in the tournament and being without Zeigler, but that being said, I can definitely see us pulling off the *slight* upset today.

Not sure why you think it’s weird. Duke is hot and TN isn’t coupled with the fact that TN doesn’t have a PG.

it looks like the line went up and down a point but ended up .5 less than the open.
Not surprising, if we play a decent game, minimize TOs, I think we win by 10

Weird. Lady Vols are on 990 so I have 107.7 on. They have dead air during the commercials. I wonder if it’s a rights issue with the NCAA or if the weekend board operator is a kid making $10/hour that isn’t paying attention to the feed.

Not sure why you think it’s weird. Duke is hot and TN isn’t coupled with the fact that TN doesn’t have a PG.

No, I’m saying it’s weird that the public perceives them as a massive favorite and we have no chance, but Vegas disagrees. Vegas is letting people put a bunch of money on Duke and not moving the line, probably because they think Tennessee will win.

It's not weird. Duke, when healthy, is 18-1 this season. They are healthy now. We are not healthy.

No, I’m saying it’s weird that the public perceives them as a massive favorite and we have no chance, but Vegas disagrees. Vegas is letting people put a bunch of money on Duke and not moving the line, probably because they think Tennessee will win.
I saw this morning, ESPNs basketball powers index, gives TN a 67% chance to win today.

VN Store

Back