The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #13 Louisiana NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:40 PM ET, CBS

huh what? I take it you had no ideal what this was about. The announcer said ZZ was out most of the games when Tn went 4-7 and thats not true. But whatever you was trying to say
You’re right I guess. I rarely listen to the announcers. I was only saying we ain’t going to “figure it out” when we’re missing arguably the most important position on the floor. My apologies.

Whatever.
So you'd rather us call a timeout, let their defense get set, so someone throws up a contested three at the buzzer, so you can complain about the play Barnes drew up.
Not calling a TO, got us a 1 on 1 mismatch in the middle of the paint, in a spot that Barnes wants his team to get the ball to.

I dont get it. I'm one of the top Barnes haters on here. There are 100 things to mention, but not calling a TO there doesn't make the list.

Wait, which situation? When ULL was eliminating an 18 point lead in a heartbreak? Respectfully disagree. You have 3 timeouts left with only 12 minutes to go. Rick never uses all his timeouts. I know he isn’t going to change, but call a timeout after the back to back threes. We let ULL get way too comfortable.

Reactions: tnvols72 and ColinS
Wait, which situation? When ULL was eliminating an 18 point lead in a heartbreak? Respectfully disagree. You have 3 timeouts left with only 12 minutes to go. Rick never uses all his timeouts. I know he isn’t going to change, but call a timeout after the back to back threes. We let ULL get way too comfortable.
No, this discussion was the possession right before half. We got the rebound and had a 4 on 5 advantage and got it to Uros in the middle of the paint and he got fouled with 3 seconds left.

Honestly I didn't watch the second half I went to bed at halftime, I'm glad I did I would've been annoyed with losing my bet because this team blew a 18 point lead.

Reactions: TheMookieMonster
It’s 2:40, not THE prime time slot. What’s not to understand?
This is false. Often times better games are earlier Saturday to get better ratings. People usually have plans Saturday night, so ratings aren't always as high as people think they would be.
For example B10 football has their best game of the week at noon. SEC on CBS is at 330. TN/Duke getting a stand alone afternoon tip time is The prime time spot on a Saturday.

This is false. Often times better games are earlier Saturday to get better ratings. People usually have plans Saturday night, so ratings aren't always as high as people think they would be.
For example B10 football has their best game of the week at noon. SEC on CBS is at 330. TN/Duke getting a stand alone afternoon tip time is The prime time spot on a Saturday.
Yep exactly. We are the prime-time standalone game on Saturday. CBS took on Furman/SDSU for the early game in order to get our game afterward.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Let’s just say this is the case…people are upset. It’s still ridiculous.

Let’s just say this is the case…people are upset. It’s still ridiculous.
I mean I understand the upsetness. It's going to give Duke several extra hours of rest. But I don't think it's going to be the reason TN loses if they do. Turnovers are going to be the main key factor. We cannot give Duke free possessions.

I don't mind valid criticism but the over reacting and constant bashing at every opportunity get to me. Barnes, more than anyone, has made Tennessee a destination that people genuinely believe you can win at and that will pay dividends long after he is gone. He may not win a championship at UT but he has laid a lot of the groundwork for someone to win one in the near future. I appreciate not regularly being hot garbage or having to rely on a cheating, shameless self-promoting, scumbag of a snitch in order to win.

I don’t have a problem with Barnes as I enjoy TN basketball being relative every yr. I have so many memories watching the games w my son, who is now at UT, over the yrs. We saw Grant in person will the Vols to victory over Vandy in Nashville.

I get caught in the moment, yell at the TV, and post throughout the game. It’s easy to be critical when we go on six min scoring droughts but at the end of the day, we won. But it’s important to post the good things the players and Barnes do throughout the game. Barnes did a good job subbing his big men, imo. The problem is Uros can’t see the court often in the second half b/c of poor foul shooting.

I mean I understand the upsetness. It's going to give Duke several extra hours of rest. But I don't think it's going to be the reason TN loses if they do. Turnovers are going to be the main key factor. We cannot give Duke free possessions.
I agree, but some are making 2.5 hours much bigger than it really is, just to be mad about something.

Reactions: LibertyVol
You think that Alabama gets all the whistles in football and Kentucky always gets the whistles at home. Wait until Saturday when Duke has a 4 to 1 advantage on whistles. We will be in foul trouble before halftime wait and see.

Reactions: tnvols72
ZZ was the only guy we had we could count on at the FT line.

You realize this is incorrect, right?
JJJ is shooting .853 from the line. Phillips is at .822. Vescovi = .768.

Maybe you should consider expanding your sample size a bit. Knee jerk reactions seem to be the standard around here, but it doesn't have to be.

Seriously? Clueless. It’s all about Duke. Has nothing to do with Tennessee. It’s stupid what the NCAA does.

I’ve been around these parts for a while, so go chew on something else.

You've gotta admit.... this is pretty silly.

You see that, right?

I mean, do you as an adult really think the tournament schedule has been optimized to favor a single team? Really?

What other fun conspiracies can we talk about?

How about that moon landing? Pssh. Amirite?

Reactions: TennVols12

VN Store

Back