The Official #3 Tennessee vs. (#14 FCS) UT Martin Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Yep. Most teams would make sure their star QB got TDs against a team like this. We won’t but I’m ok with that. Just win. The rest will take care of itself.

Yeah I’ll take a national title over a Heisman trophy winner, but I WANT BOTH BECAUSE I AM SELFISH.

We need to get Hooker some TDs.

We have 4 absolute monsters at WR
This receiver core without Tillman is still the best in the country. Imagine what kind of nightmare it’s gonna be for the teams that have to face them both. I think when Tillman gets back, defenses will focus on him and Hyatt and then Bru will go off.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
At least they’re padded…somewhat…now. There was a time they were a really serious neck injury waiting to happen.

(The university really should consider thickening whatever they’re using now to cushion them to absorb a more forceful blow like that…or worse).

There has to be a better solution .

Reactions: give_him 6
Anyone else a little pissed that our heisman hopeful qb isn’t getting those rushes inside the 2 yard line?

It’s like they don’t want him taking too many extra hits that could lead to an injury, especially in a meaningless game against an FCS team.

In this day everybody has somebody that’s good and will beat you if you aren’t doing your job. That’s why you can’t take any games off. Defense will need to show some resilience in this game with so many out.

I presume that could be an option, as well. That’d require some degree of stadium renovation…you might lose some degree of seating (I’m unsure if that could be dispersed elsewhere across the stadium) but that might be it.

Yeah.... and some folk'll balk at losing some seating capacity but it's a safety issue... needs to be done.

Reactions: TrueOrange
You can expect some sleepwalking after that game last week against an FCS team and 5 defensive starters on the bench. That’s to be expected. But I’ve said it since day one and will keep saying it. Our DB starters are suspect at best and the depth is nonexistent. That much is clear. The secondary won’t get any better till we get more talent. It’s that simple.

I was hoping Dee Williams would be the savior of the secondary. Apparently my hopes were misplaced.

VN Store

Back