The Official #3 Tennessee vs. #11 Michigan NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 5:50 PM ET, CBS

I'm curious about their defense... they're 25th in the country in preventing assists and have the 80th lowest 3pt attempt rate. So their strategy is to run teams off the 3pt line and force teams into the paint where they have a 7'+ footer to protect the basket? Their 2pt defense isn't good and they don't block a lot of shots. Fortunately we can score both ways. But it's the assist rate which I'm curious about. If we aren't assisting we aren't scoring.
Screenshot 2022-03-19 091441.jpg

Does anyone know if UM is still mainly running that Boeheim zone? Or are they mostly playing man now that they have a new coach?

Radio, again, for me... lotsa "Money!" and "Sweet!" to look forward to. IMO, Bert's earned it, he can say whatever he wants.

Of course, I won't know the score - Bob said TN 64, Longwood 62, just before a break Thursday. Bob is what Bob is...

Still wouldn't trade ours for anyone else's - at least until John Ward resurrects. Go Vols!

If the Vols lose today (or at any point going forward) it will be because they got outplayed. Not because they got out-fought or were mentally fragile/timid. This is not something I have believed about past Tennessee teams in this tournament.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
If we come in poised and focused, we should have the W in hand... I think the key will be the big man rotation in order to fluster their big guy... Aidoo, Fulky, BHH, and yes, Uros need to play aggressive and fearless... we lock down or keep their big man flustered all day and we get it done. Fulky needs to keep playing as it may be his last game in Orange... GBO!

I'm curious about their defense... they're 25th in the country in preventing assists and have the 80th lowest 3pt attempt rate. So their strategy is to run teams off the 3pt line and force teams into the paint where they have a 7'+ footer to protect the basket? Their 2pt defense isn't good and they don't block a lot of shots. Fortunately we can score both ways. But it's the assist rate which I'm curious about. If we aren't assisting we aren't scoring.
View attachment 440799
They leave the mid range two as the open spot, and that’s our weakness. Their guards aren’t fast, but they have length. Could be a weird game for us. They’ll leave Dickinson in the lane all night. He’s good at blocks without fouls. We have to force him to foul early. They won’t be able to handle our no screen cutting, but they’re tall enough to challenge threes on the run.

Reactions: TrapVol
They leave the mid range two as the open spot, and that’s our weakness. Their guards aren’t fast, but they have length. Could be a weird game for us. They’ll leave Dickinson in the lane all night. He’s good at blocks without fouls. We have to force him to foul early. They won’t be able to handle our no screen cutting, but they’re tall enough to challenge threes on the run.

If they zone a lot then the middle of the floor is usually open. Luckily we have Fulkerson who is a really good zone breaker having options with the ball at the FT line

VN Store

Back