The Official #3 Tennessee vs. #11 Michigan NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 5:50 PM ET, CBS

We had a 6 point lead with the ball and proceeded to miss almost every shot after that point and Michigan out hustled us and we’re more disciplined and simply made plays from that point on. Grow up and stop blaming the refs for every game we lose. It’s laughable.

Cool story bro, it’s not the only reason we lost but it definitely played a role. Keep signaling your virtue to us all about how refs don’t impact a game at all.

The Barnes tournament curse remains intact. Well, we got an SEC banner to hang and a great team that we've all been proud of. Don't know exactly what happened here today, but this team left it all on the floor and still got beat, so that is March Madness.

To all folks who are bashing this loss. Think about this.

There are 350 D1 Bball teams. There are only 130 D1 Football teams and only the top 15 really matter each year. No way a 120 can be in the game at all with a team in the top 10 in Football.

Point is that basketball is way more competitive. Sure there are very few teams that are around that top 5 each year but on any given day a lower team may come up and surprise someone. (St Peter’s over Kentucky, Oral Roberts I believe it was last year).

Let that sink in a bit.

We won the SEC championship first time since 1979 and next year should be pre season top 10 again. Barnes can’t go out there and make the 3s. This was super competitive. 2 or more 3 pointers fall for us and everyone on here would be saying how great we are.
Don't speak truth, people hate to hear it these days.

Barnes needs to try and get another quick point guard or combo. Michigan locked SV up and BJ won’t bring the same quickness that KC brought.

No…we have BJ edwards coming in..chandler would be smart if he came back…what Barnes need is a better big man down low and a
”consistent” 3 point shooter…Uros passed up and missed a lot of shots around the rim tonight..Michigan should have never been in the game with how many points we scored off turnovers.I am honestly not surprised at all of the outcome..we have seen them struggle all year “closing” games and you can’t have that in March.

Reactions: barrylee
ROFL, you are so naive.

Chandler was fouled twice underneath the basket and wasn’t called.

If you think it had no impact on the game then you’re truly special.
You don’t have an objective viewpoint. I’m a UT fan and we were certainly robbed some in football last year but this game tonight ? , NO.

The criticism of fans is legit. But the media says what they say because this is a passionate fan base that supports this team and expects excellence but we just don't have much post season success.

Check out the Kentucky forums after their loss. Media cuts them shack because their blue bloods.
Lol criticize all you want. Its the extreme ass holes I am talking about. It's perfectly fine to say Barnes doesn't have a great tournament record. But crapping on a team that's probably one of the best we ever had, a team that won something that matter, a team that got absolutely shafted with the seeding and the bias in all of college sports officiating.... Yeah that team didnt get it done tonight and now the season is over. Disappointment is ok for us fans. But they also deserve rsspect for what they did accomplish. I promise they hurt worse than we do.

Letting them make a huge run and no time out. I guess that was good coaching too. Rick had a good season but failed today. Why is it so hard to admit?

Because anybody who watched the damn game knows 2-18 from 3 gets most teams beat. How somebody blames it on coaching is just a lazy excuse and groupthink.

Those late offensive put backs were hell down the stretch for us. That with not shooting the 3 at all with good looks. This stings!!

We shot 11% from three. It was absolutely about not hitting threes— Wide open threes.
We had some open looks of course but when you do a good job guarding the three point line overall you tend to get away with leaving guys open more. Somebody needed to get hot out there but it never came. ZZ had the most clean looks but it kept rimming out on him.

They killed us with a basic pick and roll and our inability to match their size.

They got back in it beating us on simple back doors. Dickinson had enough freedom to make pinpoint passes and our guys got beat. When that didn't work, they got timely 2nd chance shots.

Reactions: C-south
Barnes did a great job finding ways to get his best 3 pt shooter open looks didn't he. Vescovi w 5 points. Way to go Rick.

Just stop with the excuses. Barnes is a great program builder but he’s never going to take us to the F4 or win the big prize. It’s time we ask ourselves is that good enough or not?

Lol, what excuse dude? I stated facts. Even with our lord and savior Bruce Pearl we couldn’t beat another Big 10 team in Ohio State. Not like we’ve ever been THAT much better than we are now. And we won the SECT. That’s awesome.

VN Store

Back