The Official #3 Tennessee @ Florida Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, ESPN

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
#3 Tennessee Volunteers: 13-1 (2-0 SEC)

Mizzou-Tenn%203.JPG

@

Florida Gators: 9-5 (1-1 SEC)

Nembhard_Shot_Arkansas.jpg

GAME 15 | TENNESSEE at FLORIDA - Jan. 12, 2019 | 6 p.m. ET | | Exactech Arena at Stephen C. O’Connell Center (12,000)

Line: UT -2.5
O/U: 135

TV: ESPN
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: 84, XM: 84
Online: WatchESPN.com

15_At_Florida_71.jpg

Last edited:
THE SERIES

Tennessee leads the all-time series with Florida, 74-57 dating to 1927.

The Gators have a 35-25 edge when the series is played in Gainesville.

This is the first of two Vols-Gators clashes this season. Tennessee hosts Florida on Feb. 9 (sold out).

A WIN WOULD...

Extend Tennessee's win streak to 10 games. The Vols' last 10-game win streak came during the 2007-08 campaign, when UT reeled off 11 straight victories from Nov. 27 through Jan. 19.

Give the Vols a five-game win streak in true road games, dating to last season.

Give Tennessee 18 wins away from home since the start of last season.

STORYLINES

Per ESPN Stats & Info, Tennessee is the first major-conference team in the last 20 years to have a +70 point differential through its first two league games.

Tennessee's SEC margin of victory through those two league games stands at a robust 35 points.

Tennessee associate head coach Rob Lanier was an assistant coach under Billy Donovan at Florida from 2007-11.

UT leads the country in assist/turnover ratio (1.82), ranks second in assists per game (20.8 apg) and third in blocks per game (6.2 bpg).

The Vols have shot 50 percent or better in 11 games this season (and eight of their last nine).

Tennessee has yet to face a double-digit deficit this season.

Tennessee is off to its best 14-game start since also starting the season 13-1 in 2007-08.

With an average attendance of 17,499, Tennessee ranks fourth nationally.

LAYUPS

Grant Williams leads the SEC in scoring (18.8 ppg), ranks second in field-goal percentage (.572), seventh in assists (3.9 apg) and ninth in rebounding (7.8 rpg).

Admiral Schofield is the SEC's second-leading scorer (18.0 ppg), and his .449 3-point percentage ranks second in the league.

Williams and Schofield both earned a spot on the 25-man Wooden Award Midseason Watch List.

Kyle Alexander has opened SEC play with consecutive double-doubles. He averages 13.0 points and 15.5 rebounds over the last two games.

Jordan Bowden is coming off back-to-back 20-point games to open SEC play. In those games, Tennessee is +63 when Bowden is on the floor.

Junior guard Lamonté Turner, last season's SEC Co-Sixth Man of the Year, returned from a left shoulder injury just in time for SEC play.

ABOUT FLORIDA

In his fourth season, Mike White continues to keep Florida (9-5, 1-1 SEC) competing at a high level, entering Saturday's matchup on the heels of a 57-51 victory in Bud Walton Arena against Arkansas.

In non-conference play, the Gators boast wins against Butler, Stanford and West Virginia—the latter two on neutral courts.

UF is one of the most talented teams in the SEC this season. Florida has played one of the toughest schedules in the country with games at Florida State, vs. Oklahoma and Michigan State, who are all currently ranked in the AP Top 25.

Senior guard KeVaughn Allen (10.9 ppg, 2.6 apg, 1.6 spg) has been the best player for Florida this season, leading the team in scoring and steals while ranking second in assists.

Noah Locke (10.0 ppg, .424 3fg%) is the team's other double-digit scorer. The freshman guard is far and away Florida's most dangerous 3-point shooter, with nearly double the amount of threes as any other Gator. Of his field goals this year, 77 percent (36 of 47) have come from beyond the arc.

The paint has been dominated by Kevarrius Hayes, who leads the team in rebounding (5.9 rpg) and blocks (2.0 bpg) while averaging 6.7 points per game.

For the second game in a row, UT will face one of the league's best defensive teams. The Gators allow a league-best 60 points per game while also holding them to 39-percent shooting from the floor. Florida has held six opponents to fewer than 60 points already this season, including Arkansas, Stanford and West Virginia.

Nice work up YankeeVol...as usual.

I'm excited for the game, mostly to see who ends up rising to the occasion.

Sure, Florida is good on defense but who do you shut down?
Williams? Ok, then what do you do with Alexander and Shofield?
Bone? Ha, just kidding.
Is White going to focus on Bowden? Obviously the hottest player the last two games...I just don't see how you actually game plan for a guy coming off the bench.

Honestly, the only thing that Tennessee needs to be worried about is coming out cold. But then again, there are so many guys capable of scoring, they can't ALL come out cold right?

I think Tennessee wins 74-68.

Reactions: cardvolfan
ABOUT FLORIDA

In his fourth season, Mike White continues to keep Florida (9-5, 1-1 SEC) competing at a high level, entering Saturday's matchup on the heels of a 57-51 victory in Bud Walton Arena against Arkansas.

In non-conference play, the Gators boast wins against Butler, Stanford and West Virginia—the latter two on neutral courts.

UF is one of the most talented teams in the SEC this season. Florida has played one of the toughest schedules in the country with games at Florida State, vs. Oklahoma and Michigan State, who are all currently ranked in the AP Top 25.

Senior guard KeVaughn Allen (10.9 ppg, 2.6 apg, 1.6 spg) has been the best player for Florida this season, leading the team in scoring and steals while ranking second in assists.

Noah Locke (10.0 ppg, .424 3fg%) is the team's other double-digit scorer. The freshman guard is far and away Florida's most dangerous 3-point shooter, with nearly double the amount of threes as any other Gator. Of his field goals this year, 77 percent (36 of 47) have come from beyond the arc.

The paint has been dominated by Kevarrius Hayes, who leads the team in rebounding (5.9 rpg) and blocks (2.0 bpg) while averaging 6.7 points per game.

For the second game in a row, UT will face one of the league's best defensive teams. The Gators allow a league-best 60 points per game while also holding them to 39-percent shooting from the floor. Florida has held six opponents to fewer than 60 points already this season, including Arkansas, Stanford and West Virginia.
He has "dominated" the paint, eh? Were you trying to be funny with this? Tennessee has 3 post players (Williams, Schofield and Alexander) who average more points and rebounds per game than that. I don't think we're likely to be intimidated by this guy.

UT by 12+. Peanut butter gets back on track today.
I think Tennessee by 20+. Billy Donovan is long gone and there is nothing special about these Gators, especially inside. They don't match up well with us... and you are right about Grant Williams. No way he has another game like he had against Missouri. He will be at his best today. The Gators are in for a long afternoon.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
I cant believe the spread is only -3. I thought it would be closer to -8. I dont see anyway florida keeps it close. This TN team is dominating now. I live about 25 min away from sports betting, seems like-3 is easy money. Thoughts?

I cant believe the spread is only -3. I thought it would be closer to -8. I dont see anyway florida keeps it close. This TN team is dominating now. I live about 25 min away from sports betting, seems like-3 is easy money. Thoughts?
If I were in Vegas, I would put $100 on Tenn -3 and feel great about it. I think that's showing an undeserved amount of respect for Florida's home court (they just lost to SC) and the oddsmakers must think bettors will believe that Tenn is due for a letdown... That's just not how Tennessee rolls. We haven't had a flat performance all season.

no sure things in gambling nor college bb, but that is a very attractive line the way UT has been firing on all cylinders lately.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't throw some shekels on it. And I normally don't bet Tennessee games, period. It looks so good that im worried about it.

STORYLINES

Per ESPN Stats & Info, Tennessee is the first major-conference team in the last 20 years to have a +70 point differential through its first two league games.

Tennessee's SEC margin of victory through those two league games stands at a robust 35 points.

Tennessee associate head coach Rob Lanier was an assistant coach under Billy Donovan at Florida from 2007-11.

UT leads the country in assist/turnover ratio (1.82), ranks second in assists per game (20.8 apg) and third in blocks per game (6.2 bpg).

The Vols have shot 50 percent or better in 11 games this season (and eight of their last nine).

Tennessee has yet to face a double-digit deficit this season.

Tennessee is off to its best 14-game start since also starting the season 13-1 in 2007-08.

With an average attendance of 17,499, Tennessee ranks fourth nationally.
Nice numbers.

VN Store

Back