The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Nice to see the supply chain starting to get closer to normal. AR's are down below $600, Ammo is available and dropping, saw a lower for $99 today, and paid 8 cents for primers at an auction over the weekend. Now if I can just find some powder. 😀

Nice to see the supply chain starting to get closer to normal. AR's are down below $600, Ammo is available and dropping, saw a lower for $99 today, and paid 8 cents for primers at an auction over the weekend. Now if I can just find some powder. 😀
Glad someone is seeing something like that. Most of what I am seeing in Nashville is increased inventory but at higher prices than last year. Ammo is still volatile and people who have good supply today will have bare shelves tomorrow. The last few things I bought are items I want and that I foresee going up significantly in price due to inflation. I noticed that Wilson Combat won't even give you a price on a custom order right now because they expect their costs to go up between the time the order is placed and the time the firearm is built. Basically, you have to make a deposit and then they tell you what you're going to pay them when it's finished.

Glad someone is seeing something like that. Most of what I am seeing in Nashville is increased inventory but at higher prices than last year. Ammo is still volatile and people who have good supply today will have bare shelves tomorrow. The last few things I bought are items I want and that I foresee going up significantly in price due to inflation. I noticed that Wilson Combat won't even give you a price on a custom order right now because they expect their costs to go up between the time the order is placed and the time the firearm is built. Basically, you have to make a deposit and then they tell you what you're going to pay them when it's finished.

Right now I'd focus on proven reliability and lethality, and plenty of ammo to feed it. If you can afford the WC, go for it. It certainly puts checkmarks in all the boxes.

By simple dumb luck, I found myself sitting fat on two platforms, and enough ammo for them to fight a small war when this all started. This has allowed me to avoid the blind rush for quality firearms and any type of ammo, and focus on things that make what I already have more effective.

For once I was ahead of the market. In this case, it has really paid off. The pisser is knowing that I'm sitting on a mint, and can't do a dang thing with it...:cool:

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
So we're on vacation...in our usual cabin up above Gatlinburg...and here for two very much needed weeks in the Holy Land. Nice to see the area recovering from the COVID lockdowns. It was a ghost town last year when we were here.

Today we made the jaunt over to Sevierville and Smoky Mountain Knife Works. I remember when SMKW was a small shop on the strip in Gatlinburg. This was my first visit to their new digs. So it's big...lots of stuff there...nice to see a Boker counter...what's the deal with the swords and armor stuff?...Antiques section was neat...but all in all it struck me more like a flea market for blade lovers than it did a place to get a good deal on a knife. I have a Benchmade auto-opener, and I stopped by their counter to see about a new one. The price their rep gave me was nowhere near what I can get it for through their LE rep, so no thanks. One thing: if you walk in there looking for a knife, you'd better have a good idea exactly what you're looking for, because the sheer volume alone, much less the number of brands, can overwhelm you.

And right across the street...Bud's Gun Shop. So we ambled over there, and that was a much more interesting experience. Upper Management has now decided she wants to swap her .38 Crimson Trace Bodyguard for a compact 9mm, so that's on the honey-do list when we get home. I picked up a pair of Pierce mag bottoms for my Glock 30S. Like how they give the pinky a solid place to hang out. Looked at guns, guns, and more guns. Got to hold a brand new Springfield M1 (almost didn't let go of it). Looked at more guns. Three bins full of Magpul Gen 3 30-rd AR mags for a decent price. Some, but not a lot of ammo. Nice crowd for a Monday, and quite a number of them were lined up for NICS checks, so the market remains robust, to the untrained eye.

Is it just me, or is the IMI Desert Eagle .50 a Man Gun?

So...SMKW? Maybe if I was a knife fighter. Bud's? Fun Palace. Oh, they had suppressors as well. Maybe next time.

Next update will be on candle shops in the Gatlinburg area. Hey, gotta keep Momma happy.

:cool:
I got rid of mine. More of a novelty than practical

Right now I'd focus on proven reliability and lethality, and plenty of ammo to feed it. If you can afford the WC, go for it. It certainly puts checkmarks in all the boxes.

By simple dumb luck, I found myself sitting fat on two platforms, and enough ammo for them to fight a small war when this all started. This has allowed me to avoid the blind rush for quality firearms and any type of ammo, and focus on things that make what I already have more effective.

For once I was ahead of the market. In this case, it has really paid off. The pisser is knowing that I'm sitting on a mint, and can't do a dang thing with it...:cool:
I was pretty lucky as well. Ammo was never an issue, nor were "need" firearms. I'm pretty happy with how I'm sitting now.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly

I was looking for a holster and WC sent me an email about a sale on leather products. The one I wanted was not on sale...sigh.

I was pretty lucky as well. Ammo was never an issue, nor were "need" firearms. I'm pretty happy with how I'm sitting now.
I don't really need anything else but I have a couple more wants on the list. At this point, I don't see myself making any more impulse purchases. I may consign a couple more before I buy anything else.

Reactions: YankeeVol
dayum. Is it new? Nashville Gun and Knife is a Beretta full line dealer where I like to shop and they have not been able to get any new product from Europe in forever.
Last year production. I bought it off gunbroker. It’s had maybe a box of rounds though it. That’s about to change…

I really enjoy owning things taken from the hands of dead Nazis.
We are still here and they are not.
It’s like the ultimate “scoreboard “

77 years ago, our grandfathers, great-grandfathers and great uncles, etc. stormed ashore on the beaches of France to begin the long, slow, bloody process of sending Hitler and his minions to a well-deserved retirement in Hell.

Here in a hour or so, I'm gonna hoist a short glass of Woodford Reserve in honor of those men and women who had balls the size of watermelons, and were tougher than a $2 steak. I'm glad they were on our side.

Yeah....Woodford Reserve and Amazing Grace on the bagpipes. They'll see me, and hear it, and know why.

If you're anywhere near Arlington, walk outside and face towards it. Tell them I'm thinking about them today.

VN Store

Back