The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Went to a couple of shops today while running errands and checking in on my dad. Didn’t buy anything but did notice Bersas back in stock, which I had not seen in awhile. Lots of Glocks.

I only leaned toward the 43 because the 19 is almost identical to my P10C. I think the 365 and hellcat could work with and extended mag/base extension. I need a few options because you never know what you can find.
I have the p365xl and have been carrying for awhile. It works for pocket carry. If I’m wearing a jacket or sweater I use a galco holster that rides high. My employer only allows concealed carry so that’s why I use it. If my work rules change, I’ll be edc a steel frame government size 1911. AND maybe on blue jeans Friday’s I’ll wear a western rig with my pair of .357 Vaqueros.

Also, I have not fired a G43 but I own a G42 and it is snappy. I would imagine the G43 to be as bad or worse moving from 380 to 9. The 365 handles recoil much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: C-south
I have the p365xl and have been carrying for awhile. It works for pocket carry. If I’m wearing a jacket or sweater I use a galco holster that rides high. My employer only allows concealed carry so that’s why I use it. If my work rules change, I’ll be edc a steel frame government size 1911. AND maybe on blue jeans Friday’s I’ll wear a western rig with my pair of .357 Vaqueros.

Also, I have not fired a G43 but I own a G42 and it is snappy. I would imagine the G43 to be as bad or worse moving from 380 to 9. The 365 handles recoil much better.

At the moment I’m leaning toward Yankee’s suggestions with the hellcat and 365. Of course I haven’t ruled out the P10S and I’ve heard some good things about the PPQ.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Hmmmm. I’d have to hold it with the extended mag. I know the flush mag is a no go.
Yeah i can't get a full grip with flush mag but there's plenty of room with the hyve extension. Cz has a +2 baseplate as well that i can get a full grip on but its not nearly as comfortable to shoot with as the hyve. The cz custom has a filler baseplate that lets you run a regular p10c mag comfortably, but at that point you might as well carry the p10c. I like the hyve extension the best, it only adds about .25" to the length of the backstrap, but adds a good inch to the front so you can get that last finger on there

Last edited:
Looking for a new carry gun. The more I shoot my Beretta APX carry the more I dislike it. It shoots super low from almost any distance. I think part of it is me but part of it is definitely the gun, probably the trigger. A double action trigger on a small striker fired gun doesn’t work for me. I can hit my targets but I have to make too many compensations to be remotely consistent. Not something I want to do with a self defense weapon. I also know it’s the gun because I can nail a can with my CZ P10C from 50 yards. I would carry the CZ more but it’s a a little bigger than I’d like to carry for every situation. Some I’m looking at is the Sig P320 Walther PPQ, and Glock 43. Just something sub compact that I can get all my fingers on even if it’s with an extended mag.
The P365XL fits my hand much better than many of the subcomps I've shot. Highly recommend.

38 Special. Nashville armory had a couple dozen 300 rd boxes for $249 a box + tax. Plenty of 20 rd boxes for 19.99 a box. All Ammo Inc. 125 gr ball. I’ve shot the 45 acp and it was fine.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I believe in gun control: Have your hands where they're supposed to be so you can control your gun when it fires.

Next time I'm in Chattanooga, in heading to the range with my dad and several boxes of ammo. Going to be some good father/son bonding time. Even better if I can convince my son to come with us.

Reactions: txbo and kiddiedoc
Just ordered one (got the red to match the truck)

Gen2StabilizerRed.png
What is that? Do you slide a Glock in and it has another barrel and mag to shoot double barrel?

Feel like I've won the lottery this week. Walked into Academy Sports yesterday afternoon just looking around. Started to talk with the folks around the counter about how crazy the ammo market has been lately. Then I noticed some boxes behind the counter of 556 Winchester 55 gr FMJ. Picked my jaw up off the floor and took home 400 rounds at 66 cents OTD.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Feel like I've won the lottery this week. Walked into Academy Sports yesterday afternoon just looking around. Started to talk with the folks around the counter about how crazy the ammo market has been lately. Then I noticed some boxes behind the counter of 556 Winchester 55 gr FMJ. Picked my jaw up off the floor and took home 400 rounds at 66 cents OTD.
Christmas came early!

Reactions: 81Bubbavol
Sold the Canik Executive. As nice as a trigger as it had, you lose the rear sight putting a red dot on it (kinda stupid IMO).

Ordered the FN 509 Tactical FDE.

Sold the Canik Executive. As nice as a trigger as it had, you lose the rear sight putting a red dot on it (kinda stupid IMO).

Ordered the FN 509 Tactical FDE.

Those are nice. Went and looked at some guns the other day. I really liked the sig 365 but the fact it doesn’t even have a trigger safety kinda put me off. They were out of hellcat’s but suppose to be getting some more today so I’m may go by tomorrow and check it out.

Heading up to Nashville tomorrow to pick up a RCBS reloading press kit. Stocked up on 556 early enough but ended up way behind the curve on 300 BLK. Looking forward to something else to obsess about. Any advice on loading 556 for a 1/7 16" DDM4 and 300 BLK for a 1/7 10.5" pistol would be greatly appreciated. And yes I have primers 😊 Have a can on order but will be loading supers for the pistol as well.

Last edited:
Heading up to Nashville tomorrow to pick up a RCBS reloading press kit. Stocked up on 556 early enough but ended up way behind the curve on 300 BLK. Looking forward to something else to obsess about. Any advice on loading 556 for a 1/7 16" DDM4 and 300 BLK for a 1/7 10.5" pistol would be greatly appreciated. And yes I have primers 😊

I thought about getting into reloading but after researching it I thought otherwise. It’s a lot of work.

Those are nice. Went and looked at some guns the other day. I really liked the sig 365 but the fact it doesn’t even have a trigger safety kinda put me off. They were out of hellcat’s but suppose to be getting some more today so I’m may go by tomorrow and check it out.
I think both can be bought with a thumb safety. Sounds like you’re a strong lean towards the Hellcat.

I’m returning mine. I don’t know if it’s a Gen 5 thing* (or being the MOS), but I can’t get my 19 to fit properly. I’ll probably just fork another $100 for another Sub 2000.

*shouldn't be with the Gen 2 kit.
Funny you said that: my favorite little local shop just got in a KT S2000 yesterday. I hadn't seen one before. Almost took it home with me.

VN Store

Back