The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

I've had several pistols in the past, but none currently. King Cobra 6" .357. Couple cheap .32 autos that jammed more than they shot. Beretta fs 9mm. Ithaca WWII era .45 1911. (I was young and dumb and traded that for the Beretta. He gave me a choice of anything in the case, two boxes ammo, and holster of my choosing. I should have known then I was screwing up. It had two barrels, both of which were wore out and wouldn't hit the same target twice, and 6 clips, 4 of which were still wrapped in oiled banana leaves). I loved shooting the Beretta however.

My wife is wanting one, so I'm in the market. It has to be wife friendly, and easy to shoot, but reliable. Suggestions?

H&K VP9.

I've had several pistols in the past, but none currently. King Cobra 6" .357. Couple cheap .32 autos that jammed more than they shot. Beretta fs 9mm. Ithaca WWII era .45 1911. (I was young and dumb and traded that for the Beretta. He gave me a choice of anything in the case, two boxes ammo, and holster of my choosing. I should have known then I was screwing up. It had two barrels, both of which were wore out and wouldn't hit the same target twice, and 6 clips, 4 of which were still wrapped in oiled banana leaves). I loved shooting the Beretta however.

My wife is wanting one, so I'm in the market. It has to be wife friendly, and easy to shoot, but reliable. Suggestions?
If you are looking for inexpensive, Bersa thunder 380. I picked one up for my wife and she loves it. She's darn good with it too. Very safe with an external safety and it's DA/SA so you can carry it hammer down, safety on with one in the chamber. It's a little heavy as it is an all metal gun.

If you are looking for inexpensive, Bersa thunder 380. I picked one up for my wife and she loves it. She's darn good with it too. Very safe with an external safety and it's DA/SA so you can carry it hammer down, safety on with one in the chamber. It's a little heavy as it is an all metal gun.

i'll have to check that. I know bersa has always been considered a budget brand, but they've been around a very long time, and I've never heard anything really negative. Unlike Davies, and other budget brands. Springfield looks too bulky, and I think I'd rather look at bersa than High Point for a cheaper alternative.

Colt is making the king cobra again.

Also, if you like the beretta and are looking for a cheap solid pistol, look at the beretta 92s. The mag release is kinda funky, but it’s all beretta.

Surplus Beretta 92S 9mm · For Sale · 92S Police Trade In · DK Firearms

These are great little pistols too.

Star BM, 9mm Luger, Compact Semi Auto Pistol, VG, Blued, Used.

Last edited:
i'll have to check that. I know bersa has always been considered a budget brand, but they've been around a very long time, and I've never heard anything really negative. Unlike Davies, and other budget brands. Springfield looks too bulky, and I think I'd rather look at bersa than High Point for a cheaper alternative.

Honestly my advice usually starts the same...go to the nearest place (or places if need be) with a big selection and handle the hell out of everything that seems remotely appropriate for the task. If should fit the hand well (being sure to take trigger reach into account) and point as naturally as possible. If you have any questions about specific models from the preference pool we're always here to give our 2c.

FWIW I know Ruger sells the hell out of their LCP's to ladies.

Honestly my advice usually starts the same...go to the nearest place (or places if need be) with a big selection and handle the hell out of everything that seems remotely appropriate for the task. If should fit the hand well (being sure to take trigger reach into account) and point as naturally as possible. If you have any questions about specific models from the preference pool we're always here to give our 2c.

FWIW I know Ruger sells the hell out of their LCP's to ladies.

Was just reading on those. nice looking little pistol too.

Colt is making the king cobra again.

Also, if you like the beretta and are looking for a cheap solid pistol, look at the beretta 92s. The mag release is kinda funky, but it’s all beretta.

Surplus Beretta 92S 9mm · For Sale · 92S Police Trade In · DK Firearms

These are great little pistols too.

Star BM, 9mm Luger, Compact Semi Auto Pistol, VG, Blued, Used.

I had the 92FS years ago. Loved it. My hands aren't overly large, so the FS was pushing it, but still doable for me. Smooth shooter and solid. I can't imagine that there is a pistol today that would be better choice overall. I would have no reservations getting another. Or the M9 variant.

Now, for a revolver, that 6" King Cobra with .38's for cheap target practice was like slicing butter. Big heavy pistol, but literally almost no recoil with the .38's. Kept the 357 loads for other reasons of course, but too expensive for target practice.

I had the 92FS years ago. Loved it. My hands aren't overly large, so the FS was pushing it, but still doable for me. Smooth shooter and solid. I can't imagine that there is a pistol today that would be better choice overall. I would have no reservations getting another. Or the M9 variant.

Now, for a revolver, that 6" King Cobra with .38's for cheap target practice was like slicing butter. Big heavy pistol, but literally almost no recoil with the .38's. Kept the 357 loads for other reasons of course, but too expensive for target practice.

The double action pull on the beretta suckssssss

These offsets. Simple and effective.

I just co-witnessed through my Aimpoint. Then again, I have a Colt with that clunky FSB, so I just slapped on a Magpul rear BUS and dialed it in. I'm a poor enough shot as is without tilting the gun. In limited "shoot and move" work on range days, it works for me.

I just co-witnessed through my Aimpoint. Then again, I have a Colt with that clunky FSB, so I just slapped on a Magpul rear BUS and dialed it in. I'm a poor enough shot as is without tilting the gun. In limited "shoot and move" work on range days, it works for me.

Offsets are ideal for scoped rifles. Like true magnified optic scopes. If one has a RDS with the appropriate eye relief, offsets are just kinda "cool daddy ninja gear."

No offense AOC...I mean @ETV

Reactions: GreyWolf1129
Offsets are ideal for scoped rifles. Like true magnified optic scopes. If one has a RDS with the appropriate eye relief, offsets are just kinda "cool daddy ninja gear."

No offense AOC...I mean @ETV

If RDS failure (damaged glass, battery failure, etc), i have BUIS to fall back on. Easier to rotate rifle a little to the left and still maintain site on target with out having to remove RD with an allen wrench, since it's not an item i carry 24-7.

Shooter's preference.

No offense taken there @Grand Vol

If RDS failure (damaged glass, battery failure, etc), i have BUIS to fall back on. Easier to rotate rifle a little to the left and still maintain site on target with out having to remove RD with an allen wrench, since it's not an item i carry 24-7.

Shooter's preference.

No offense taken there @Grand Vol

Three words.

Quick Detach Mount.

Or, an experienced shooter will work through adversity and get a good sight picture.

Or better yet, won't buy optics that break easily. :p

Thoughts on the JP buffer/spring set up?

Love it. If you’re building a precision rifle, it really compressed the recoil impulse. If you’re building a close quarters rifle or a plinker, save your money.

Reactions: ETV
@Grand Vol :

USMS activated the ad hoc task force this past week for a roundup in our area, including two long-time felons with violent histories. I was invited to participate as part of the perimeter element on one of the high-risk arrests. Way down a dirt road, so I got to spend two hours in the woods with what seemed to be around half a million sand gnats, who fed well while I was there.

Two SOG veterans were on the team I was assigned to. When we were staging up, one of them walked over and asked to look at my AR. Looked it over; handed it back; and said "nice setup". Naturally, I took all the credit.

Thanks. Good enough for him, more than good enough for me.

Reactions: InVOLuntary and ETV
First e-form completed and submitted. Form 1 fingerprint cards are being sent tomorrow, then I play the waiting game.

I've heard wait times for approval have been as short as 10 days and some still within 3 to 6 month range.

I've had a Glock 42 for pocket carry for the past year and a half. I may replace it with a Sig P365 later this year just to get out of having to keep a supply of .380 on hand. The G42 is a great little gun though.

Picked up a Taurus G2C last night. For the price it's a very nice mid sized EDC. Adding a TLR-6 to it and it will join my revolving EDC lineup.

First e-form completed and submitted. Form 1 fingerprint cards are being sent tomorrow, then I play the waiting game.

I've heard wait times for approval have been as short as 10 days and some still within 3 to 6 month range.
What is the stamp for?

VN Store

Back