The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

I have to differ.

The trigger and controls are definitely different. However they aren’t 1911 esk like the SA-35. The sights have been up dated and they have new modern finishes.

I’ve had several Hipowers and I feel the new FN’s stay true the the overall design but with modernization.

I know pictures don’t tell a story but here’s the new stainless and one of my all time favorites the Practical.

Definitely can get a better grip with the new FN, in my opinion, trigger is better, and sights definitely better. Wasn’t saying it was an exact copy……however I certainly think they did a great job staying true to the design.
View attachment 517291View attachment 517292
Except its all proprietary...so again, not even close

Reactions: BennesseeVols
Except its all proprietary...so again, not even close

For me that doesn’t matter……I’m not trying to mix and match parts.

For me:
Does it look like the original design
Does it feel similar
Does it handle and run similar

The design is almost 100 years old……I didn’t expect things to be interchangeable. I felt it held true to the overall original design…….but 100 years newer.

Like I stated I haven’t been around the new Springfield but “to me” it doesn’t even look like the same basic design. All the controls and everything are different.

Last edited:
For me that doesn’t matter……I’m not trying to mix and match parts.

For me:
Does it look like the original design
Does it feel similar
Does it handle and run similar

The design is almost 100 years old……I didn’t expect things to be interchangeable. I felt it held true to the overall original design…….but 100 years newer.

Like I stated I haven’t been around the new Springfield but “to me” it doesn’t even look like the same basic design. All the controls and everything are different.
I like the FN (not the price), but it's not a really a High Power. It's a good marketing ploy though

Reactions: BennesseeVols
I like the FN (not the price), but it's not a really a High Power. It's a good marketing ploy though

with the FN’s price…….not sure why anyone would buy it…….unless they just wanted an FN.

There’s just better stuff….even better and cheaper FN’s.

Browning Citori Upland Special 20 gauge. Circa mid-80s.

Had the 12 version back in the day with 26”
Can’t remember which Citori version mine was.

Yours looks amazing……..20>12 in those to me.

One of those I wish I had kept.

Also I don’t remember my wood looking that good. Although I got rid of mine in 99 so it’s been quite a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
So question to all: this is "my little lady friend". I've looked everywhere for a 5" threaded barrel for her (want to run a compensator because faster follow-on shots), but everywhere I've looked is out of stock. Anyone know where one might be located??

(*btw, she's not finished. Plans are to add the threaded barrel, compensator, a Vortex Venom [or the Burris FastFire, haven't quite decided] with the suppressor-height front sight post, and maybe one day an upgraded trigger*)
20221203_192506.jpg

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
So question to all: this is "my little lady friend". I've looked everywhere for a 5" threaded barrel for her (want to run a compensator because faster follow-on shots), but everywhere I've looked is out of stock. Anyone know where one might be located??

(*btw, she's not finished. Plans are to add the threaded barrel, compensator, a Vortex Venom [or the Burris FastFire, haven't quite decided] with the suppressor-height front sight post, and maybe one day an upgraded trigger*)
View attachment 520409
.45 ACP Stainless Steel Threaded Barrel

Picked up another JAKL before s*** gets stupid.

Also decided to go with a couple LCP Max's for backups.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nerd-Vol
Follow-up to this. Just ordered a S&W 686+. That’s seven rounds chambered in .357 magnum out of a 4.125” barrel. I opted for the S&W after doing more research. The Ruger is really quite good, but it seems as though the people who were putting it ahead of the S&W were more put off by the internal lock. Not a concern for me since it won’t be a carry gun. From what I’ve seen and held the fit and finish on the S&W is a touch nicer, plus I like that it’s forged and not cast.

I’ll get some photos when she arrives at my FFL.

2D151810-ED13-43EB-9250-5C078D28FC2E.jpeg

Alright. I think I’ve figure out the direction I want to go in. Ruger GP100 4” chambered in 357 magnum. I’ve been wanting a service caliber revolver for a while now, and I think this is a better choice than a small J frame S&W. I say that as I cannot imagine a scenario where I would pocket carry a 642 over my LCP Max.

With the GP100 I get something that if I want to carry in the winter, I might be able to, but I should have fun with as a range toy. Everything I’ve read recommends the Ruger over the S&W 686.

Now the question is, what finish should I go for?

I think the blued looks very nice, but the stainless is very appealing. My 1911 is stainless, so I may go for the blued as I don’t actually have any blued guns outside of my mossberg 500.

View attachment 516740
View attachment 516741

Last edited:
FYI. Today January 10, 2023, new Tennessee state representatives are being sworn into office. Despite the GOP having a super majority in both the state house and senate and a GOP governor, they have yet to legislate “True” Constitutional Carry in the state. I urge you to contact you new/incumbent state representative and demand they pass “True” Constitutional Carry in our great state this year.

VN Store

Back