The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Hey. Want to pick up some 12 & 20 gauge target shells locally in Chattanooga for the weekend. Anyone know of a place other than Academy that might be worth a trip?
I was in Sportsmans Wearhouse the other day and they’re out.
I’m in need also so let me know what you find

Reactions: 81Bubbavol
Hey. Want to pick up some 12 & 20 gauge target shells locally in Chattanooga for the weekend. Anyone know of a place other than Academy that might be worth a trip?
I was in SW and Academy a couple weeks ago, both had a good amount of 12, very little 20, and no one had heard of 16. I would not even mess with Walmart, their price requirements means they get little if any supply during times like this. Why send shells to Walmart to sell for $6 a box when you can send them somewhere else for $10?

I would call both of them to see if anything comes in, I think Academy gets a truck on Wed or Thurs.

Shot shell update in Chattanooga/Cleveland Area: Looked for target ammo at the following today
  1. Gun Works Cleveland - Had 12 GA Federal Target rounds but only turkey loads in 20. FYI a Mossberg Express 88 in 20 GA for $225. Hard to pass up.
  2. Dunham's Cleveland - only 28 GA target but lots of buckshot & slug ammo, field ammo.
  3. Academy Chattanooga - only 3 boxes on the shelf. Next shipment available Sunday morning.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Shot shell update in Chattanooga/Cleveland Area: Looked for target ammo at the following today
  1. Gun Works Cleveland - Had 12 GA Federal Target rounds but only turkey loads in 20. FYI a Mossberg Express 88 in 20 GA for $225. Hard to pass up.
  2. Dunham's Cleveland - only 28 GA target but lots of buckshot & slug ammo, field ammo.
  3. Academy Chattanooga - only 3 boxes on the shelf. Next shipment available Sunday morning.

Gun Works is a good place. It's one of my go-to's for firearms transfers.

Shot a Beretta AL390 in 12 Ga this weekend and the recoil was fine. Both my wife and daughter loved it. Thus I’m now looking for a 12 ga gas operated semi automatic. From what I’ve read the Remington 1100 is a decent gun along with the Versa Max and Beretta A400. Was hoping to get out for less $$ than that but I’m thinking I’ll be better off with a 12 ga than a 20.

Shot a Beretta AL390 in 12 Ga this weekend and the recoil was fine. Both my wife and daughter loved it. Thus I’m now looking for a 12 ga gas operated semi automatic. From what I’ve read the Remington 1100 is a decent gun along with the Versa Max and Beretta A400. Was hoping to get out for less $$ than that but I’m thinking I’ll be better off with a 12 ga than a 20.
I have both the 1100 and the verse max. When shooting skeet the versa is the only 12 the red women will shoot. It’s actually hers. It’s either the versa, the 870 in 20 or the A5 in 20.

Thanks !! Two questions.

1. Is this another gun that I need to buy a used one because the new ones aren’t made very well? If so how far back should I go?
2. I see a Remington V3 along with the VersaMax. Same recoil or different?

Thanks !! Two questions.

1. Is this another gun that I need to buy a used one because the new ones aren’t made very well? If so how far back should I go?
2. I see a Remington V3 along with the VersaMax. Same recoil or different?

The versa is heavy. By almost a pound with a longer recoil so it’s kick isn’t as bad. V3 will only shoot 2 3/4 and 3. The red women went with heavy and less kick.
Opinions vary though. I’d shoot and be happy with either.
I regularly borrow TRWs versa to hunt turkeys. It’s a great gun.

I have an a400 in 20g. I cannot say anything bad about it. I got it as a all around shotgun for field and clays that would be easier on my shoulder as I age. A878366A-20A4-4BD4-BD28-FB9C7C8E069A.jpeg

What a difference a couple of months makes. Ran in Sportsman's Warehouse in Chattanooga today and they had five times the ammo they had in May. Lots of 223/556, 9mm, and 12 ga Field/buckshot/slug. Even had reloading brass and bullets. Unfortunately no 12 ga trap loads, and just a few boxes of 20 ga. Plenty of 6mm Creedmoor but no 6.5. And of course no powder or primers. Still looked like a real store again instead of an empty warehouse.

Picked up a 12 ga Remington Versa max Sportsman off GB last night. Can't wait to try it out. Still learning this Shotgun market. Most expensive target shells I've bought were at my go to on line SGAmmo and the least expensive were at local gun stores and Wal-Mart. Oh well. Live and learn.

VN Store

Back