The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

So I've been watching this thread for a while now just admiring everyone else's guns, but now I am looking at purchasing my first entry level AR anyone have any advice on where to find one at a modest price? I found one for a good price a few days ago but it sold out before I could pull the trigger. Any help or advice would be great!

So I've been watching this thread for a while now just admiring everyone else's guns, but now I am looking at purchasing my first entry level AR anyone have any advice on where to find one at a modest price? I found one for a good price a few days ago but it sold out before I could pull the trigger. Any help or advice would be great!
Not likely considering the current market. Even the "entry level" types have skyrocketed.

Reactions: golfballs

You can get a Ruger 556 for about $800 with no optics. The M&P is about $700 depending on the optic that comes with it.

Sweet. Looks like a K2 style pistol grip like I put on my AR pistol. I like the more upright grip. Some FDE hand guards would make the bottom one even sweeter IMO. Maybe even the 2 tone black/fde. What you doing for optics?
I prefer a straighter grip as well (more natural IMO)

I plan on adding more FDE stuff (grip etc).

The Aimpoint PRO will go on one (the black).

Reactions: C-south
Rifles are a little more available now, but still a little pricier than 2019. I have had very good experience with Palmetto, as above posted. Unless you are wanting a magnified long-range optic, I've been pleased with the Sig Romeo, and it won't break the bank. Your biggest issue will be finding ammo to play with. Ammunition depot had a few options for just under a buck a round when I last checked, but that gets pricy in a hurry. Wish I had loaded up when it was c. $0.25.

Happy hunting!

Don’t know where you are located but if anywhere near Nashville I recommend trying Music City Pawn first, particularly the location on hwy 96 in Franklin. You can get a decent price on entry level ar there. Second stop would be Nashville Gun and Knife in Belle Meade. They usually have a few to chose from at the $1000 price point for slightly better than entry level stuff. Of course, given recent events and rumblings from Washington I expect pickings are slim.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Thank you all! I’m a little north of Knoxville but I may be going to Nashville in the next couple of weeks. If I do I’ll swing and check them out, I’ve been checking on Palmetto State as well just trying to find a good deal, I got started just a few months too late so I know I’m going to have to pay a little extra with everything going on.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Thank you all! I’m a little north of Knoxville but I may be going to Nashville in the next couple of weeks. If I do I’ll swing and check them out, I’ve been checking on Palmetto State as well just trying to find a good deal, I got started just a few months too late so I know I’m going to have to pay a little extra with everything going on.

I got mine from a place in Missouri called Hobbytime Firearms. They ship to whichever FFL you want and usually have a decent selection at a fair price. If you look at them don’t go by just what they have on their site. You could also try Armslist. They make you pay to contact a seller and post stuff for sale now but sometimes posters will sneak a phone number or email in the ad.

I might be convinced to sell you one. I have to look at what I've got. Probably will be one I've assembled. Anderson Uppers and lowers most likely.

On Dayton Blvd in Chattanooga today at a pawn shop called “Big Bucks Pawn “ they had 3 brand new Anderson AR 15s for 715$ each. Basic entry level but reliable.

They also had a S and W victory in 357 with the flaming bomb stamp which was why I was there. Nice gun but at 799$ I passed

Edit: also post ww2 so not as desirable for me.
D5F46EF9-9376-4DAE-BC87-A1B612F73F28.jpeg

My local shop is able to give me $250 on a trade in on my M&P Shield 45. It’s in excellent condition. I was expecting a little more, but it’s an older model. Not the 2.0. That seem reasonable?

VN Store

Back