The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

I figure if anyone is serious about their ammo it's the Israelis. I've probably got 500-1,000 rounds of it. Shoots well out of my DDM4. SGAmmo sells a lot of it.

Decided to get started on my 300 BLK pistol. A little late but timing has never been my strong point. Looks like an Aero Precision complete pistol lower can be had for less than $400. Thinking about starting there as this will be my first build. Probably will end up replacing the trigger but there's a lot of small parts in those lower kits. Not sure I want to tackle that now. At this point I'm thinking 9 inch barrel with a tunable gas block for a suppressor. Any other advice? For home defense mostly.

Decided to get started on my 300 BLK pistol. A little late but timing has never been my strong point. Looks like an Aero Precision complete pistol lower can be had for less than $400. Thinking about starting there as this will be my first build. Probably will end up replacing the trigger but there's a lot of small parts in those lower kits. Not sure I want to tackle that now. At this point I'm thinking 9 inch barrel with a tunable gas block for a suppressor. Any other advice? For home defense mostly.

Ruger makes a 300 blackout pistol.

For home defense
Black aces mini 12 gauge.
Pro Series S Mini (Semiautomatic)

Sounds a lot like mine, I built for suppressed home defense as well. 10" barrel and 9" handguard. Suppressor is still 3-5 months out from being legally mine. Don't sweat putting a new trigger in. Most, but not all of them, are one-piece and drop right into place and they're held in place by two pins. You'll just want the correct size roll punch for getting the pins in and out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 81Bubbavol
This 300 BLK pistol build is going to get me in trouble with "She who must be obeyed". I'm one day in and have already bought a Aero Precision complete lower with brace (Gun Broker) and a Ballistics Advantage 10.5" barrel (Primary Arms). No wonder there are so many of these toys laying around. You can buy it in bits and stay below the cost alarm threshold until you turn around and you've got a couple of grand sunk into it 😊

e77dcc6a03715d5107bcf55a7ce9f0baa94f2c2a_2_280x499-jpeg.83544

Oh well. It’s all over but the building. I’ve ordered everything but the red dot sight for my 300BLK pistol. Pretty slim pickings out there, but Primary Arms had a lot of the parts at decent prices, and ended up getting the receivers and gas block at Gun Broker. Found a deal on the Handguard at OpticsPlanet and now I’ll just need a barrel wrench and some never seize to put it together. Gonna be a good Christmas! 😊. Next thing I guess will be the reloading equipment for the subsonic rounds,(they’re going for ridiculous prices nowadays) and of course the suppressor.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Oh interestingly enough was in Bud’s Gun Shop in Sevierville last week and they had Actual 556 AR’s on sale. Sitting out in a pile on the floor no less. S&W carbines for $1,400 a piece. They had no name 556 ammo for 80 cents a piece for 900 rounds in a can and a 500 round box of 22LR for 16. SMGA next door had some PMC X-TAC 55 & 62 grain 556 for 70 cents a piece out the door that enticed me into buying the limit of 10 boxes of 20 rounds, but it was gone before noon. The next time I stopped in they had 9mm, but I’m okay on that front. Lots of folks in both places. You meet the nicest people in Gun stores.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
A dude was suppose to be building me a target stand so I could go to the county range and do some shooting, specifically to dial in my red dot. That was almost 2 months ago and I think he just decided he didn’t need the $40. Anyway, I had some time this morning and decide to just go out back and attempt the 36 yd zero @ 25 yards. It was waaaayyyyy off hitting about 5-6” low and about 1” left. It could probably use some tweaking when I can shoot supported but it’s way better than it was.
D5A842E8-426E-45CC-98EB-6DCC1E604EFA.jpeg87957956-E3A2-4893-9380-DBA97801EB70.jpeg

A dude was suppose to be building me a target stand so I could go to the county range and do some shooting, specifically to dial in my red dot. That was almost 2 months ago and I think he just decided he didn’t need the $40. Anyway, I had some time this morning and decide to just go out back and attempt the 36 yd zero @ 25 yards. It was waaaayyyyy off hitting about 5-6” low and about 1” left. It could probably use some tweaking when I can shoot supported but it’s way better than it was.
View attachment 329228View attachment 329230

I've got several realtor signs that I use for targets. (and no I mean buy them...not take shots at ones in yards) :)

I've got several realtor signs that I use for targets. (and no I mean buy them...not take shots at ones in yards) :)

To use the county range you have to provide your own stand and the target has to be a specific distance off the ground. I’ll shoot whatever out back it’s just not very level terrain and I was wanting to zero under ideal conditions.

VN Store

Back