The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

The problem with the first picture is that its really not anymore. I've posted it somewhere in here before.

If I only had one shot and it had to work I'd still give the .45 the advantage. Modern projectiles have closed the gap to the point that advantage is very arguably offset by capacity/controllability vs the 9mm

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I’d like to save more but I don’t have the cash! What is even more crazy?!?! She doesn’t know what she has so she stores them in her attic just laying down! They get rusty and and it pretty cruddy shape after a while and she won’t listen. It’s depressing........
I’ve dealt with that before with a family member. You’d think they would not want to cost themselves money by damaging the guns but they won’t listen (in my case anyway)

Reactions: barknoxbrawler
I’ve dealt with that before with a family member. You’d think they would not want to cost themselves money by damaging the guns but they won’t listen (in my case anyway)
It’s not just your case. I think people who do not know rifles and pistols treat them like luggage and Christmas decorations. Just throw them up in the attic....... I think it’s pure ignorance.

I’d like to save more but I don’t have the cash! What is even more crazy?!?! She doesn’t know what she has so she stores them in her attic just laying down! They get rusty and and it pretty cruddy shape after a while and she won’t listen. It’s depressing........
depressing nah that’s mo better for you...
BKB:”revised value on your now cruddy Rusty guns is $500...”
Her: ” each? Wow that dropped a lot since you pulled them out Out of daddy’s safe...”
BKB: “ no $500 for all of them... please sign this bill of sale and I need to call my fellow vol bag and tell him I have some guns to consign”🤫

depressing nah that’s mo better for you...
BKB:”revised value on your now cruddy Rusty guns is $500...”
Her: ” each? Wow that dropped a lot since you pulled them out Out of daddy’s safe...”
BKB: “ no $500 for all of them... please sign this bill of sale and I need to call my fellow vol bag and tell him I have some guns to consign”🤫
That what you did there. I just saw.

Reactions: bag12day
It’s not just your case. I think people who do not know rifles and pistols treat them like luggage and Christmas decorations. Just throw them up in the attic....... I think it’s pure ignorance.

And about six months ago I went to fire call Toned as a structure fire threatening another residence. I Drove first engine there But as a 50+ boomer I let the young’s guys do the heavy stuff. Structure was an old farm shed ( heart pine wood) and threatening another shed and mobile home the owner lived in. I am spooling up the pump for the guys and I asked the owner what was in the shed to which he replied tires, lawnmowers, firewood and some other stuff. We put wet stuff on hot stuff within 6 mins of the call And even with 3 depts and 6 engines, there was no saving that shed once tires were involved. Spent 3-4 hours doing overhaul and as the guys are moving stuff I see something in the corner Of a pile and start digging out what’s left of a sweet sixteen browning, a couple of early 1900s doubles and a drilling rifle shotgun. Owner says those were my grandpas and I didn’t have any place to put them... me: wtf? Put the kitchen out there and put the guns in the trailer. Still brings a tear to my eye...

And about six months ago I went to fire call Toned as a structure fire threatening another residence. I Drove first engine there But as a 50+ boomer I let the young’s guys do the heavy stuff. Structure was an old farm shed ( heart pine wood) and threatening another shed and mobile home the owner lived in. I am spooling up the pump for the guys and I asked the owner what was in the shed to which he replied tires, lawnmowers, firewood and some other stuff. We put wet stuff on hot stuff within 6 mins of the call And even with 3 depts and 6 engines, there was no saving that shed once tires were involved. Spent 3-4 hours doing overhaul and as the guys are moving stuff I see something in the corner Of a pile and start digging out what’s left of a sweet sixteen browning, a couple of early 1900s doubles and a drilling rifle shotgun. Owner says those were my grandpas and I didn’t have any place to put them... me: wtf? Put the kitchen out there and put the guns in the trailer. Still brings a tear to my eye...
Some people just don’t know. And I think the majority (in the south at least) don’t know what they have and what it’s worth. Others, just don’t care. The former i can understand. The latter, I want to beat just a tiny bit.

Well since we're talking old guns I know we've got a WWII-issue 1911 and a WWII-issue Walther P38 at our family farm. I've only shot the 1911. Not sure the P38 is workable right now.

Well since we're talking old guns I know we've got a WWII-issue 1911 and a WWII-issue Walther P38 at our family farm. I've only shot the 1911. Not sure the P38 is workable right now.
I have a 1911 that went into peal harbor with my grandfather as all kids of stuff blew up around him.
He found 35 seconds to clean it and save it later that evening. It hurts me when I Herat stories like the one above. @bag12day

VN Store

Back