The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Buy a regular shotgun and the buy a extension magazine tube and your choice of furniture. You’ll spend about the same and be set up the way you want.

Edit: Remington 870 is your friend
Is the 870 Express a fine option, or is it worth trying to find a standard 870? I haven't looked, but are stocks/grips/rails readily available? I have mainly Magpul stuff on my rifle.

Is the 870 Express a fine option, or is it worth trying to find a standard 870? I haven't looked, but are stocks/grips/rails readily available? I have mainly Magpul stuff on my rifle.
870 express will shoot 2 3/4 or 3 in so it will blow holes in whatever you’re aiming at. It’s been around forever so there are a lot of options and parts are easy to come by.

One last question: any hesitation about the DM models?
The barrel length you mentioned in the original post suggests that this is primarily for home defense. Assuming that to be the case, a magazine sticking out out seems like one extra thing that might get caught on something if you needed to wheel around inside a structure.

Also, I have seen plenty of shooters accidentally bump a mag release and drop a mag out of all sorts of firearms. Not sure where the controls are located on what you're considering, but that is another potential issue that you don't have to worry about with a tube.

Not sure if mags are available for minishells, in case you ever wanted to try those.

From a more practical standpoint, a detachable magazine is just one more thing that's going to have to be replaced some day. If the DM concept loses steam, replacement magazines might become scarce and/or expensive.

So I found a NIB 6933 upper for ~600. Figured it wouldn't hurt to have a spare upper for my SBR, so I ordered it. Should be here next week.

Meanwhile, back in NFA jail...the original 6933 still waits.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
So I found a NIB 6933 upper for ~600. Figured it wouldn't hurt to have a spare upper for my SBR, so I ordered it. Should be here next week.

How long have you been waiting?
I can’t remember.....is it over a year?

I have 2 loaded 870s hidden near by. I figure it’s easier to pick up another gun than Change a magazine. If I don’t get them in 16 shots I should accept my fate
I’ve seen recent web chatter saying the Remington 870 quality has gone down hill. Your opinion?

I’ve seen recent web chatter saying the Remington 870 quality has gone down hill. Your opinion?
I haven’t seen any issues.
There’s not a whole lot going on inside an 870 and they’ve been making them forever. It would seem odd that Remington would cheap out on the gun that is basically the industry standard.
Anything is possible I guess.

Do a Form 1 on an existing or new lower and you’ll have an sbr to play with in about 30 days.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
Do a Form 1 on an existing or new lower and you’ll have an sbr to play with in about 30 days.

Yeah, I thought about that, and was going to ping you here to ask your opinion. So let me lay what I have out for you, and see what you think:

- I have (2) 6721 HBAR's. One is setup for Patrol / HD, and the other mounts a Nikon P223 for longer range stuff. Yes, they are heavy, but man, are they ever accurate for an out-of-the-box AR.
- I have the 6933 in NFA jail. It will become my new Patrol / HD rifle.
- I bought the second 6933 upper because (a) it gives me redundancy in case anything happens to the original upper/rifle; (b) it's cheaper than a complete SBR; and (c) no FFL/ATF tax. So I now have redundancy at both the 16" and 11.5" levels.

I am not a competition shooter, and I don't hunt anymore. Every weapon I own, including my AR's, is intended for one purpose: the defense of me and mine.

If I do a Form 1 for one of my 6721 lowers, then it becomes an "SBR for Life", and it would be harder for my wife to sell it if/when I go to that great checkerboard stadium in the sky, so...I figure for now just leave things as they are; and do not allow that new upper to touch anything other than the registered SBR lower. If the Zombies do come, I'll take my chances that the ATFe won't be looking for me if I slap it on one of the 6721 lowers.

Your thoughts?

Yeah, I thought about that, and was going to ping you here to ask your opinion. So let me lay what I have out for you, and see what you think:

- I have (2) 6721 HBAR's. One is setup for Patrol / HD, and the other mounts a Nikon P223 for longer range stuff. Yes, they are heavy, but man, are they ever accurate for an out-of-the-box AR.
- I bought the second 6933 upper because (a) it gives me redundancy in case anything happens to the original upper/rifle; (b) it's cheaper than a complete SBR; and (c) no FFL/ATF tax. So I now have redundancy at both the 16" and 11.5" levels.

I am not a competition shooter, and I don't hunt anymore. Every weapon I own, including my AR's, is intended for one purpose: the defense of me and mine.

If I do a Form 1 for one of my 6721 lowers, then it becomes an "SBR for Life", and it would be harder for my wife to sell it if/when I go to that great checkerboard stadium in the sky, so...I figure for now just leave things as they are; and do not allow that new upper to touch anything other than the registered SBR lower. If the Zombies do come, I'll take my chances that the ATFe won't be looking for me if I slap it on one of the 6721 lowers.

Your thoughts?
Build a pistol lower with an sba3 or sba4 brace for the new upper

Your thoughts?

You've got one the wife will have to deal with. What's one more.

You've got one the wife will have to deal with. What's one more.

Yep. I'll have the paperwork (will) straight, but she has said that all of my guns will stay in the family. So on the SBR it's a $5 transfer to the next owner, and they'll have a spare upper, I guess.

We're short on males and long on split-tails in my herd, but I've got a niece who's tougher than a two-dollar steak (and gorgeous), so she and hers will likely end up with the SBR+. It'll be in good hands. Both her and her hubby are good folk; live out in the sticks; and don't tolerate any bs, so.....

Wouldn't surprise me to see her ask for the .45's as well. She's that type.

As always, I appreciate the advice.

VN Store

Back