The Official #24 Tennessee @ Vanderbilt Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, SEC Network

It wasn't a pretty performance, but it was good enough to get a much needed win. Gritty effort from our guys tonight. Much respect to Uros tonight for the way he played. Excellent effort from the big fella. Despite getting a little too cute with the ball at times, I thought Chandler was really good on both ends of the floor tonight as well.

The offense is still hard to watch and isn't likely to get much better at this point in the season. Be it coaching, personnel, or a combination of the two, this just isn't a good offensive team despite having a five star point guard running the show. Seemed like a lot of times tonight we resorted to the "do something KC and everybody else get out of the way" offense.

The Vols are gritty and are capable of playing strong defense--but the offensive talent is not good overall, and that's why
this is not likely to be a good year. We have little inside scoring and are not a good 3-point shooting team, at all (5-23 tonight), which
is a obviously a bad combination and the reason UT has to scrap for points. It's hard to beat good teams with our offensive issues.

Yeah, I didn't know they aren't letting their students in the gym till the announcers were talking about it. Vandy gonna Vandy.

Yeah. Very sad situation and Vandy fans are ticked off. They will not allow you in the arena without vaccination card and yes they check them. My son had to walk back to his car to get his wallet.

Secondly, students around Nashville, Knoxville, etc along with others were at the game. The same people at the game will come into contact with students in some capacity. I despise Vandy but it was sad to see so many open seats.

Reactions: Vol737
I thought the team played ok last night. Offense still had pains, but the defense was better than Saturday.
This is a little bit picky but my one major complaint last night was points off turnovers. We had 19 off 21 turnovers, we need to convert in transition better than we did and have been. That 19 number being closer to 25 is the difference between this being close late and a double digit win.
Also BHH didn't do anything great last night for sure but he wasn't a total dead spot on the floor. If he can give what he gave last night and let Fulk continue to play in quick spurts, we might end up being ok. Especially if Plav continues to play well.

Yeah. Very sad situation and Vandy fans are ticked off. They will not allow you in the arena without vaccination card and yes they check them. My son had to walk back to his car to get his wallet.

Secondly, students around Nashville, Knoxville, etc along with others were at the game. The same people at the game will come into contact with students in some capacity. I despise Vandy but it was sad to see so many open seats.
What? I thought we have an EO from the governor banning any vax checking. That's why they stopped it at Bridgestone

Reactions: feathersax
What? I thought we have an EO from the governor banning any vax checking. That's why they stopped it at Bridgestone

Vandy students can’t attend games until Feb. Sad!
As a father of twins now freshmen at UT and MS State, I have a better appreciation of college athletics.

I’m very happy the Volunteers won a challenging game because a good Vanderbilt team wasn’t easily defeated.

Also because they needed this rebound win after that irrefutable embarrassment vs a good Kentucky Wildcats team.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
And you think Barnes is doing an excellent job don’t you?
I believe he is doing a good job with a difficult mix of talent, youth, inexperience, COVID, playing in one of, if not the, toughest conferences. I believe the grass looks greener on the other side and CRB had definitely done more for UT Basketball than his predecessors. I liked Pearl alot but, we were forced to move on from him and a couple others along the way. CRB is not going to be here a lot longer. We need to position ourselves for a new and better (ideas, techniques, portal saavy, etc) head coach in the future. Seems to me Tennessee likes to blow things up and then is surprised when there is a gaping hole they can't fill very quickly. I wish CRB and this staff and team the best and hope lightning strikes and we start scoring and winning consistently.

This is a smart move by Vandy so their fans are not booing their team on live TV.

VN Store

Back