The Official #23 Tennessee vs. #18 Florida Game Thread, 6:01pm ET, ESPN

I'm with you on the running game,i thought Neal, was doing a good job and Chaney got away from him,could have been a big difference,instead of UT going with the pass heavy O,Fla was looking for it,what do you think of CSS? i think his players need to grow into his D schemes and we need more speed for it,growing pains :)

Given, I'm not an expert on the game of football; however, it seems to me that the Gators had more play schemes than the Vols could answer. They kept pulling things out of the box! Different plays -- different ways to move the ball. Somebody knew something that our Coaching Staff did not know or could imagine! That's not on Dooley; that's on Chaney and "Sal":ermm:

containment, that is what hurt the D,a lack of speed

hm no heart for Hart ? lol no telling,what he is thinking.should be Dooley letting him go,we need a more run orientated OC

Maybe, I'm not sure I know what Hart is thinking yet. Dooley needs a great finish for sure.

Definitely, but the overall attitude late in the game clinched it. Allowing 24 straight with no response with the passing attack this team has is inexcusable. Not sure if that's Dooley or the players, but it will fall on Dooley.

Definitely, but the overall attitude late in the game clinched it. Allowing 24 straight with no response with the passing attack this team has is inexcusable. Not sure if that's Dooley or the players, but it will fall on Dooley.

once Fla got ahead,they were looking for the big pass plays

For sure. I just don't understand why we panicked and abandoned the run. That starts with dooley obviously.

SIAP, I couldn't get on during the game and didn't feel like it last night.

1) CJC WASTED nearly a quarter screwing around at the first of the game.
2) Our play tonight was a direct reflection of the lack luster performance of the passing game last week. Yeah I know the stats were huge last week, but it should have been double that. Unveiling a mediocre AT BEST running game last week was supposed to fool someone? Everyone knew we were a passing team, everyone knows we are a passing team. We should have had a tune up last week instead we, at least I did, left with a bad taste in my mouth like the car was running but still on only 7 cylinders. Bray should have been 48/50 with 700 yds.
3) I don't know if it was just me but I kept hearing a giant gagging, choking sound coming from the field from about the mid 3rd on (after the 6 pt TD). I thought it was static from the speakers but now realize it was our vaunted hero/leader Tyler "mail it in" Bray choking. He constantly stared down receivers. He looked as if he was trying to keep JH and CP "happy" instead of looking for ZR and MR. Yeah, I know ZR had a decent night, it could and should have been better if TB had made good decisions with check downs. Once again, I am not sure that he is or will ever develop the ON FIELD maturity necessary to go to the next level.
4) The defense is young (inexperienced at the SEC/Florida game level), however, they made more than their share of mistakes. Once again, playing a tune up last week without our D leaders on the field showed. I think that CSS has a little to learn about secondaries.
5) The O was pathetic, AGAIN. Slightly better than last year but not much. I thought the run blocking was actually better, but we put on our dancin' shoes a little too much instead of taking the 3 yards and cloud of dust.
6) Here is a multiple choice, A) TB didn't know where the hell he was throwing the ball, B) the receivers didn't know where the hell they were running. I honestly don't know. Please fill me in.
7) My final thought, it is absolutely miserable watching a team that you have to hold your breath on an extra point. CDD should get on TV and basically tell any and all HS kickers to come and show him something and that they will have a instant scholly and will start next year. DEAR GOD SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!!!

Overall, it could be that they were TOO amped up, I hope that was what it was. They could still calm down and have a good season. GA and SC were really lack luster last night to start. However, I also would no longer be surprised at 6-6. The TENNESSEE STAFF was out coached last night, bad. Not just CDD, but both coordinators also.

On a better note, F'ing Spliffin and KY Jelly lost last night.

Last edited:
I'm with you on the running game,i thought Neal, was doing a good job and Chaney got away from him,could have been a big difference,instead of UT going with the pass heavy O,Fla was looking for it,what do you think of CSS? i think his players need to grow into his D schemes and we need more speed for it,growing pains :)

^Nice post.

IMO, thereare still lots of games left this season for this team to get better and I think any new coach deserves a least five years to do somethig and really turn a team around. My biggest hope for the rest of this season is a winning record and a victory in a bowl. An upset of Georgia could really turn things around.

VN Store

Back