The Official #22 Tennessee vs. Florida Gulf Coast Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SEC Network+

Nkamhoua had a nice game with 16 points tonight but he needs to show that he can do that with consisticy against SEC opponents every night.

Don’t look now, but Mashack is averaging 18.5 minutes per game. HIgh octane guy who’s gaining confidence offensively now. It appears he will probably eclipse that 12-minute mark per game.
He’s my biggest surprise of the season so far as I thought we were too deep at the wing with upperclassmen for him to get much playing time. Hope he keeps getting more and more comfortable shooting as he’s one of the few that works for shots other than the 3

He’s my biggest surprise of the season so far as I thought we were too deep at the wing with upperclassmen for him to get much playing time. Hope he keeps getting more and more comfortable shooting as he’s one of the few that works for shots other than the 3
He was remarkable last night in many ways. Barnes loves his work ethic and Mashack has got some confidence. Big stuff last night. Also, JJJ…..wow. No injured finger this year and he’s been lights out.

Having went to the game, was the first time I really got to see things from a bit of elevation. Gave me a better understanding of how often this team opens up lanes we could drive into. I just don't usually see that much on TV, but there were some considerable lanes opening up.

I could tell that maybe Barnes was preaching to them that they needed to get some more inside looks and I thought they got some good work done on that end. Maybe it wasn't a dominant inside game, but getting them to work on it game by game is a good thing.

Watching Santi in person made me realize even more just how much of an on-ball pest he is. He has good agility to stay in front of guards and guards aggressively.

I remember telling my dad that I wanted to see Mashack get more productive. I mean the guy is built and he can definitely take some good contact if he drove in more. He didn't disappoint though, probably the best game I've seen out of him. He had a nice little back to back play. I think maybe it was the one where he dunked, then he got back on D and ended up getting a steal around half court.

I was a little worried at first seeing how we would deal with their center Weir. That guy looked pretty big and with Plavsic out, I wanted to see someone step up. Olivier definitely delivered there. Olivier is a good competitor. Him and Weir were battling most of the night for position. He wasn't going to be pushed around.

Reactions: Willy14
The lineups with JJJ, JM, and JP might be our best lineups by the end of the season. If JM shows the ability to knock down threes, it is going to be hard to keep him off the court.

The lineups with JJJ, JM, and JP might be our best lineups by the end of the season. If JM shows the ability to knock down threes, it is going to be hard to keep him off the court.

if that develops into an option to have JM play the 2, JJJ the 3 and JP the 4 with ZZ, Key, or Santi being able to run the point it could be a very good lineup.

If JP ends up being able to play the 5 for stretches and you can run those 3 with ZZ and Santi on the court even better!

VN Store

Back