The Official #21 Tennessee @ Kentucky Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

I'll take the win and there's plenty to criticize but somehow this team keeps finding ways to win. It's been a lot of frustrating play. I keep reminding myself that the line of losers that coached us over the decade leading up to CJH would have found a way to lose several games this year. It's not a perfect year but I appreciate this team a lot.

So while you can't assume victories, TN should be heavy favorites against UCONN and Candy and they should be easy wins. That means going 8-4 is extremely likely, with an outside shot at being in Atlanta with 10 wins if we take care of business and get a little help from Mizzu or Ole Miss.

All the doom and gloomers after the UF and Bama games can suck it.
We definitely control our own destiny. Giving the officials the biggie sized McDonald’s bags might also help.

Good tough win. Winning a close won on the road will really help us when we go to Mizzou.

OL was banged up, but we still got good passing yards and great rushing. Getting points on all first half possessions was key.

Reactions: TennesseeZep
Milton played great. Offense scored over 30. OK.
The defense stank up the joint and the offense kicked four field goals in the scoring zone and that easily could have come back to bite us. Happy for a road win but let’s not act like the team was hitting on all cylinders. It wasn’t. As Josh said post game-“We have plenty to work on.” And he’s right. I did like the running game and I thought Milton managed the game well.

Total shame. Totally ridiculous. Jacob Warren and Castles deserve better.
They both blocked well and played well. Heupel praised what they did despite not getting any catches. We do need to get them involved in the passing game a little more but they did a very good job blocking tonight. The stuff that doesn’t get noticed. GBO

They both blocked well and played well. Heupel praised what they did despite not getting any catches. We do need to get them involved in the passing game a little more but they did a very good job blocking tonight. The stuff that doesn’t get noticed. GBO
It’s a good point and maybe that was a more important role for them tonight based on what Heupel saw KY doing. I just really like when the TE gets involved since they provide another option/dimension to our offense.

While it was not our best defensive performance, right or wrong it seems we played softer coverage against Kentucky and could not get there with 4 to begin with. I think Banks played it safe on D making them work the length of the field. I think he thought we could keep them out of the endzone and make them kick fields in the redzone. We did mostly except for a few drives. Also credit their quarterback he did make 3-4 great throws in good coverage. But I did think our D play calling was less aggressive overall. But credit Kentucky’s OLine everyone says it is strong and I thought they played well against us. GBO!

Reactions: GordonC

SERIES HISTORY

Tennessee leads, 83-26-9 (on field) | 82-26-9 (NCAA)
One of the most played rivalry games in college football history, the Vols and Wildcats will meet for the 119th time on Saturday. UT has played and beaten Kentucky more than any other opponent and its 83 on field wins (82 NCAA) are the fifth most victories in any head-to-head matchup in the FBS.

What is Tennessee's record in Lexington?

Mizzu will be tough on the road. Cook will pick us apart if we don't get better pressure than we got tonight. Leary had a clean pocket way too often tonight.
If we can't pressure the qb with our dline, we have to blitz. if we give Cook enough time I agree with you, he will pick us apart.

question for anybody? where was Nico? I never saw him on the sideline's vs Ky. yesterday. Almost always he is shown standing alongside Joe at various points of a game. I even watched Freak's game replay and didn't see him even once. just curious...

VN Store

Back