The Official #21/19 Tennessee vs. South Carolina Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, SEC Network

Cooper Mays deserves a lot of credit for how the offense played today and it’s clear that we’ve really missed him this year.
SAW him downfield a couple of play's headhunting. I was in favor of handing the ball off to our RB's all nite long. A week off ought to get us ready for T A&M.

Reactions: FlVols
The current players talk about how Tenn's history vs Fla is in the past, doesn't affect them, blah, blah, blah.

They have heard all about the bad losses and weird endings and it is in their heads, whether they were alive in the 90's or not, or the late 2000's.
They pretend it's not, but it is, just like Bama was late 80's, early 90's til the Vols laid down 7 straight and 10 of 13 on the Tide.

We need to do the same vs Florida. Heupel + Nico + improving defense should be a good start next season at Neyland.
It’s time to bury this garbage. Fans like me should stop talking about the stupid history and just take the game as a conference game that we’ll handle. We should turn the media and (maybe….Coach should tell the media that they’re an inferior team and a good scrimmage to get ready for conference play). That would turn the media coverage of the game away from praising UF.

Question this may have done been answered but how did USCjr get the ball at the 50 after the kick went out of bounds? It should have been at the 40 not the 50. Did they enforce the unsportsmanlike twice or was there another penalty I missed? Because UT kicked off from the 20.
If we kick off from the 35 (like normal) and kick it out of bounds, the receiving team gets it at the 35 (10 yd penalty). We had to kick it from the 20 (because of the 15 yd un-sportsman-like penalty). When it went of bounds, they award the team the ball at the 50 (15 yds added to the 35 yd line = the 50 yd line).

The current players talk about how Tenn's history vs Fla is in the past, doesn't affect them, blah, blah, blah.

They have heard all about the bad losses and weird endings and it is in their heads, whether they were alive in the 90's or not, or the late 2000's.
They pretend it's not, but it is, just like Bama was late 80's, early 90's til the Vols laid down 7 straight and 10 of 13 on the Tide.

We need to do the same vs Florida. Heupel + Nico + improving defense should be a good start next season at Neyland.
Second time replying to this quote here, but you’ve got me thinking about something I thought about earlier today. We should make this a thing! Let’s try to bury this crap now! We should team up and make any posts or media stories next season down voted and commented until the narrative changes.

We need to be cocky and certain of our superiority while we have it and just negate the Gators. Let’s do it.

Reactions: FlVols
Well this was a win of import. We lose this one and this season is completely off the rails. A&M will be another matter but we have a week off to prepare and we’re 4-1 so it certainly could be worse.
I like where we fall on their schedule. We have a bye next week, and have them at home. We can begin preparing for them on Monday. They have Bama at home next Saturday for the 3:30 CBS game of the week. They won't be thinking a darn thing about us ...

People are gonna think I’m crazy and I said it last week, I still think this is a 10-2 team.
It’s not that I think you’re crazy, I just have no idea what to expect from this season. Nothing would surprise me with how so many SEC teams are hot and cold on any given Saturday. We could have two teams in the SECCG with two losses each. Who knows?

I like where we fall on their schedule. We have a bye next week, and have them at home. We can begin preparing for them on Monday. They have Bama at home next Saturday for the 3:30 CBS game of the week. They won't be thinking a darn thing about us ...
It all comes down to the two lines, O and D. Which teams’ plays better? At the end of the day, that’s what makes the difference. I’m proud of our Vols tonight! Go into the bye 4-1 with momentum on our side. Screw Butch 2.0 (aka Shane) and the rest of the Columbia crew. I’m 4 glasses of whiskey in and celebrating the revenge! Go Vols!

Reactions: BowlBrother85
It all comes down to the two lines, O and D. Which teams’ plays better? At the end of the day, that’s what makes the difference. I’m proud of our Vols tonight! Go into the bye 4-1 with momentum on our side. Screw Butch 2.0 (aka Shane) and the rest of the Columbia crew. I’m 4 glasses of whiskey in and celebrating the revenge! Go Vols!
Not to brag, but I'm waaaay ahead of you ...

VN Store

Back