The Official 2024 NCAAT Watch Party Thread

You're happy for Bama??
Alabama making the F4 is what wrong with the NCAAT. You play all year for the easiest path, Tennessee earns it, Bama doesn’t, then they luck out and get a terrible Grand Canyon team in R2 and an unranked Clemson team in the E8. And when they played UNC, they played one of their worst games of the year, including RJ Davis’s worst game ever. They had to play 1 ranked team to get to the Final 4.

Meanwhile, Tennessee plays the chalk the entire tournament, having to beat a matchup problem in Texas, a top 15 team in Creighton, and now one of the 2 best teams in America in Purdue. This after Tennessee proved without a doubt it was MUCH better than Bama and one of the top 5 teams in America.

In the last 53 weeks, people in this forum cheered for a 9 seed over a 16 seed because they thought the 9 would be a better matchup for us. They didn’t stop there and have been actively cheering for Alabama to make a FF or even a national title for the last 2 days. This place is full mental in March.
So you don’t think UCONN is a significantly better team than Bama?

I think this is the opposite of the FAU situation, like rooting for Vanderbilt to make the championship game rather than Duke

I don't understand people cheerleading at all. All of this cart before the horse is ridiculous.
At least speaking for me, I’m not cheering, just coping about them having made it.

UCONN still has a 99% chance of winning; Bama probably needs 60-65% from 3 or so to win

Reactions: sami
Hall fouled out early again. Not sure why Brownell put him back in so soon after he picked up his 4th. The hook wouldn’t have mattered had he sat for a little while earlier and he would have still been in the game.
Potsy Webber kept bricking free throws and did not play smart defensively. He hurt his own team.
They didn’t have an answer for Sears other than Girard, and he couldn’t get open often enough to stay hot.
They went with Bama’s pace instead of their own.
Stuff like that is why Clemson caught lightning in a bottle this year, and why they whined about getting left out of the tournament last year, only to completely crap the bed at home as the top seed in the NIT against the worst team in that tournament.
That’s Clemsoning.

Yeah, watching that game was aggravating because of the way Clemson continued to beat itself all night. They started well in controlling the pace, then proceeded to get into a road race against a team built to play that way.

Leaving Hall in the game with 10 minutes to go was an awful move that Jackson even pointed out, but that foul call was dreadful. Clemson had no one that could check Sears, and he killed them. And a team said to be good from the FT line essentially blew the game there.

Alabama got very fortunate with that matchup.

At least speaking for me, I’m not cheering, just coping about them having made it.

UCONN still has a 99% chance of winning; Bama probably needs 60-65% from 3 or so to win

UConn will boat race Alabama. No way Hurley sits there and watches them take open 3 after open 3 the way Brownell did last night.

UConn will boat race Alabama. No way Hurley sits there and watches them take open 3 after open 3 the way Brownell did last night.
Yeah. Several of Bama’s players hit guarded 3s too though. If Wrightsell is back, that gives them another one

Yeah. Several of Bama’s players hit guarded 3s too though. If Wrightsell is back, that gives them another one

I don't know, it seemed that Clemson was slow on closeouts all night. The plan against a team like Bama (same as Creighton) is to make them beat you making tough 2's, and they were getting clean looks from 3 all night long.

Reactions: Lankykong
I don't know, it seemed that Clemson was slow on closeouts all night. The plan against a team like Bama (same as Creighton) is to make them beat you making tough 2's, and they were getting clean looks from 3 all night long.
Definitely agree Clemson played bad defense

I don’t think Bama will beat UCONN, I just see a 1%: UCONN shoots terribly from 3 and Bama has a great 3PT shooting game and shoots a lot of them. Creighton was one of the few to beat UCONN.

In all likelihood though Bama shoots like 40% and gets beaten by 12

Reactions: sami
Then say that, don't say "happy for Alabama".

You can also be happy for the players without celebrating the state/university.

Listening to Sears’s postgame interview last night, I felt very happy for him. Even though I wasn’t thrilled about Bama winning, I can appreciate his skill, performance, and work ethic.

Alabama making the F4 is what wrong with the NCAAT. You play all year for the easiest path, Tennessee earns it, Bama doesn’t, then they luck out and get a terrible Grand Canyon team in R2 and an unranked Clemson team in the E8. And when they played UNC, they played one of their worst games of the year, including RJ Davis’s worst game ever. They had to play 1 ranked team to get to the Final 4.

Meanwhile, Tennessee plays the chalk the entire tournament, having to beat a matchup problem in Texas, a top 15 team in Creighton, and now one of the 2 best teams in America in Purdue. This after Tennessee proved without a doubt it was MUCH better than Bama and one of the top 5 teams in America.

It's a single-elimination tournament. Literally every season you can nitpick and complain about the draw or certain teams ending up with easier paths.

It's a single-elimination tournament. Literally every season you can nitpick and complain about the draw or certain teams ending up with easier paths.
Yep. Folks talk about matchups, but I'd submit that there's a heckuva lotta luck involved, too. Something UT is, more often than not, in short supply of.

Not rooting for Bama, but I can appreciate their run. SEC basketball has improved so much. That being said, I hope UConn trounced them, then UT slays the beast for a NC

VN Store

Back