The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread

Belgiums golden generation fails again. Probably last chance for a lot of the players part of that golden generation core for a WC.

Hazard won’t play another WC, IMO.
Lukaku will be 35-36.
KDB will be 35.
Curtois will be 34.

What in the world was Lukaku doing? The ball was played perfectly to him, and it's like he just stuck his chest out and let it harmlessly roll towards the keeper.

Group F was group of death. Canada can't even get a point and #2 doesn't advance.

Last edited:
What in the world was Lukaku doing? The ball was played perfectly to him, and it's like he just stuck his chest out and let it harmlessly roll towards the keeper.

He was asleep because it looked like either the keeper or the defender would easily get to it, and both of them pulled back (the keeper because he thought he couldn't get it and the defender, because he thought the keeper was going to get it). Essentially, the defender and Lukaku made the same mistake, but the defender gets a pass because the error didn't cost them anything.

Reactions: 05_never_again

Classic Lukaku. Could have jumped and tapped in with foot. Could have dived down and headed the ball in. Could have tapped it in with knee. Hell, he could have just bent down some and put some force behind it with his belly/chest towards the goal. All of those would have been goals. Instead, he decides “my first touch has never let me down before. Let me try and trap the ball with my stomach and bring it down for a tap in with a defender closing on me.” Crazy.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Classic Lukaku. Could have jumped and tapped in with foot. Could have dived down and headed the ball in. Could have tapped it in with knee. Hell, he could have just bent down some and put some force behind it with his belly/chest towards the goal. All of those would have been goals. Instead, he decides “my first touch has never let me down before. Let me try and trap the ball with my stomach and bring it down for a tap in with a defender closing on me.” Crazy.
Lukaku is no Pulisic.

Also, another one bites the dust.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
If all this stands, who would have had Japan and Costa Rica as 1-2 in Group E?

VN Store

Back