The Official #19 Tennessee vs. Kentucky Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, CBS

Kentucky played 20 minutes of good basketball. UT played 40 minutes of awful basketball.

Fulkerson is out of the game which is telling. Unreliable. It's a joke he was on the Wooden Award watch. The early season parallels to the team two years ago was the most insane comparison. This team has a lack of a post presence. No shooters. No good rebounders. Even if this team had Alexander alone it would be significantly better.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
8-6 conference record for this team is pretty sad with the talent in this group.
It’s a team full of passive players that are all playing one spot out of position! Barnes’ lack of recruiting for three years is why you have games like this!!!

Seems like the guys are playing hard and getting open looks. What team chemistry are you referring to? And it is always about making and missing shots.
Defensive lapses, issues with transition, and lack of communication just name a few. Missing shots is just the icing on the cake..think what u want. I will

Reactions: Sudden Impact
I mean we all know Kentucky isn’t as bad as their record, Cal’s roster is still stacked deep with NBA talent.

Still losing like this when we play terrible ball is frustrating.

I haven't read one single post since tip-off. That being said, I'm disappointed with today's performance but I'm not pissed. UK played to their potential today. They could beat anyone in the country shooting that accurately. They actually do have several next level players on their team. If they continue to gel, they will win the SEC tournament. We shot terribly on a lot of open shots. My expectations for this team weren't as high as some. I thought this was a possible sweet 16 team, but that's it. Anything more would be gravy, for me anyway. I've been watching intently for 50 years

Hired a coach that regressed every year while he was at UCF.

That’s far from a “huge upgrade”
You’ll see. You need to look deeper than the record this year. Losing 17 players due to COVID and suspensions is the reason they lost 5 games this season.

I haven't read one single post since tip-off. That being said, I'm disappointed with today's performance but I'm not pissed. UK played to their potential today. They could beat anyone in the country shooting that accurately. They actually do have several next level players on their team. If they continue to gel, they will win the SEC tournament. We shot terribly on a lot of open shots. My expectations for this team weren't as high as some. I thought this was a possible sweet 16 team, but that's it. Anything more would be gravy, for me anyway. I've been watching intently for 50 years

LMAO Kentucky shot 40%!!!

Hot and cold Vols. Springer and Johnson were off today and we lose. Refs are consistently bad but, can't blame this loss on the refs. When you do not score and you allow the opponent to shoot lights out in the first half, you lose. Losing to Bama and Kentucky at home sort of cancels out most of the wins. I really can't see this team making it far in SEC or NCAA Championships. Hope I am wrong and pleasantly surprised but, a very hot and cold playing team and they were cold as ice today. I hope Springer and Johnson both come back next year, we can find someone to push it to the basket, and we can find a couple 7'ers that can dominate the paint. We do not have those players on this team at this point and when throw up bricks, big loss.

Dude UK sucked balls in the second half; that's how bad we were today.

Volnation is vey passionate and I enjoy the conversation w fellow Vol fans. But please don’t say refs or missed/bad call cost us the game.

Officiating rarely causes the outcome of games. Yes it’s happened (Vs Purdue in tourney w foul called) in the past but rarely is the cause of a win or loss.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Box score is sad to look at. Keon and Springer made 6 baskets and 6 turnovers combined

VN Store

Back