The Official #18 Tennessee vs. Kentucky Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go from a prominent SEC team with a standard of winning , expectation of beating KY, Vandy, SC and being competitive with Ga and FL to this. Idk what Vols did to piss God off but it’s not getting better or looking good.I understand the loss to Ga but KY? For you all been following this longer than me , is this a internal issue or just JP still adjusting to being a Head coach?

I walk away from this game with only questions.

1). What is wrong with an OL with 5*s up and down the line that can’t run block and don’t protect our QB? Kentucky played very well today, but this line is going to get scorched just as bad vs Bama as they did UGA.

2) Why does Chaney come out throwing the ball around as if he has an All World QB that still can’t read coverages and is easy to rattle?

3). Why is this coach not taking advantage of a free pass of a football season and turn our qb of the future loose instead of watching a completely unsat QB trot out there time and time again and look completely pedestrian at best. It’s not JGs fault. It’s the coaching staff for continuing to trot him out there.

4). FFS, is it still 2020???

Reactions: Butch is a loser
So realistically after the past 6 quarters. How does this team respond? I see no fire, no accountability, and no on the field leadership. The players don’t even seem like they enjoy competing. Good news is we can’t play much worse because to do that would take effort. Sad times on the hill.

Go from a prominent SEC team with a standard of winning , expectation of beating KY, Vandy, SC and being competitive with Ga and FL to this. Idk what Vols did to piss God off but it’s not getting better or looking good.I understand the loss to Ga but KY? For you all been following this longer than me , is this a internal issue or just JP still adjusting to being a Head coach?
IDK. After this week the HC and staff have many questions to ask themselves. Vols can't win with JG at QB. That is a given.

So I'm thinking our best plan against Alabama next week is to select a couple of freshmen on the team and give them coronavirus. Let the SEC cancel the game. Turn our focus to Arkansas the next week.

Yes, coach/daddy Jeremy, we are giving you millions of dollars to bring us to this point.

Reactions: lifeVol and jacvols
LOL, a true freshman who was delayed getting on campus even during a pandemic, and didn't get a spring or fall camp, or even any first team reps in practice prior to going into the 4th game of the season?

Thats what you call "excuses"?
Yup, nothing says he couldn't study playbook and take personal reps with recievers. It doesn't have to be practiced scrimmage. People act like this is the first football game the kid ever played. CoViD had everyone on lock down team probably engaged with only other players, plenty of time to get a feel. It is a game, he isn't trying to put a man on the moon.

Reactions: lifeVol
But they didn’t. We can’t defend a slant, can’t get off the field on 3rd and long. Can’t stay onside, can’t force turnovers, can’t stop the run, can’t sack the QB, can’t get lined up pre-snap, can’t defend a pass in the air...none of these things are due to the absolute **** show on offense. They’re just getting a pass because of the **** show on offense. We are not good on either side of the ball. Bad coaching. Plain and simple. And I put quite a bit of the bad qb play on Chaney. Starting to look like UGA fans that were excited about him leaving might have been right. Case in point, JT Shrout should not have been throwing in the shadow of his own goal-post, especially not a deep combo out route. Stupidity of the highest order.
I agree the defense needs to be shored up...especially slants and middle of the field...there is a lot of blame on this staff all the way up to fulmer

Reactions: 2GeeZ4VolZ
I walk away from this game with only questions.

1). What is wrong with an OL with 5*s up and down the line that can’t run block and don’t protect our QB? Kentucky played very well today, but this line is going to get scorched just as bad vs Bama as they did UGA.

2) Why does Chaney come out throwing the ball around as if he has an All World QB that still can’t read coverages and is easy to rattle?

3). Why is this coach not taking advantage of a free pass of a football season and turn our qb of the future loose instead of watching a completely unsat QB trot out there time and time again and look completely pedestrian at best. It’s not JGs fault. It’s the coaching staff for continuing to trot him out there.

4). FFS, is it still 2020???

The run game worked well today, especially considering we literally refused to even try to throw it after the three first half picks. The pass blocking is not great at times to say the least. It mostly appears we have an incompetent staff and an incompetent AD who hired a rookie coach and then extended him after he lost to Georgia State in the biggest upset in program history.

Why should we relax? JG will continue to be the starter and continue to cost us games. Pruitt and Co. have already proven they won't take him out until we're behind a couple TD's. Then proceed to put him back in and hope for a miracle.

Because it’s my birthday?

seriously though because there’s nothing you or anyone on this board can do about it. HB going in signaled change is coming. We knew that JG did stuff like this and if he’s still the best option would it make you happy to see us lose with a different number under center?

Putting emotion aside, we have a QB problem and that shouldn’t surprise anyone. Develop HB and move on with whatever the record is. What good does it serve to gripe about obvious facts we already know?

The run game worked well today, especially considering we literally refused to even try to throw it after the three first half picks. The pass blocking is not great at times to say the least. It mostly appears we have an incompetent staff and an incompetent AD who hired a rookie coach and then extended him after he lost to Georgia State in the biggest upset in program history.
Wow... Talk about over exageration...... Like no other game was played after GA State and we weren't in any major games until we had on field mistakes or injuries. So funny

Yup, nothing says he couldn't study playbook and take personal reps with recievers. It doesn't have to be practiced scrimmage. People act like this is the first football game the kid ever played. CoViD had everyone on lock down team probably engaged with only other players, plenty of time to get a feel. It is a game, he isn't trying to put a man on the moon.

He was in quarantine and literally couldn't take personal reps with other players. Then when he came back he looked rusty and Pruitt said "I don't have time to work with a 4th string quarterback," and only worked with JG and Shrout. Now I see why Maurer tweeted about it messing a QB up when he only gets to watch other QBs take snaps and doesn't get any of his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back