The Official #16 Tennessee vs Arkansas Pine-Bluff Midweek Series Thread (GAME 1 Tuesday @ 4:30PM) (GAME 2 Wednesday @ 4:30PM)

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
#16 TENNESSEE (5-0) Overall (0-0) SEC
download (1).jpg
VS

Arkansas Pine-Bluff (0-2) Overall (0-0) SWAC
download.jpg

Fresh off a series sweep on opening weekend, No. 16 Tennessee returns to Lindsey Nelson Stadium for its home opener against Arkansas-Pine Bluff. The Vols and Golden Lions will square of on Tuesday and Wednesday with both contests slated to begin at 4:30 p.m.

GAMEDAY INFORMATION
Relying on the expertise of public health authorities, the state of Tennessee, appropriate university and government agencies including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we are implementing a number of new initiatives at Tennessee Baseball gamedays this spring. The well-being of our student-athletes, fans and staff are our top priorities and guide our decisions. Exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present; we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit.

The Southeastern Conference in August released several conference-wide fan health and safety guidelines for all member institutions this fall. The Tennessee-specific measures outlined on this page are in line with, and in addition to, the SEC's guidelines.

Parking
Baseball parking is located primarily in Lots GF1, G16, and C1.

Additional on-street parking is located in C10 along Todd Helton Dr. and Chamique Holdsclaw Dr. and along West Volunteer Blvd.

Handicap parking is located in marked handicap spaces on Pat Head Summitt St. and in the G16 Volunteer Blvd. garage.

The 2021 parking map can be seen HERE (PDF).

For more information and gameday info, visit the Tennessee Baseball Gameday Information page by clicking HERE.

BROADCAST INFO
Both of this week's midweek games against the Golden Lions will be streamed on Watch ESPN and the ESPN app.

Fans can also listen to the games on UTSports.com and the UT Gameday app, as Vince Ferrara calls the action.

SERIES HISTORY
Overall: UT leads, 1-0
In Knoxville: UT leads, 1-0
In Pine Bluff: N/A
Neutral Sites: N/A
Last Meeting: W, 9-1 (Feb. 28, 2018)

This will be just the second meeting between the Vols and Golden Lions. UT won the only previous contest, 9-1, back in 2018.

NOTABLE
Tennessee in Home Openers
Tennessee has a very good success rate in home openers throughout the program's history. The Vols are 88-20-2 all-time in home openers and has won 19 of their last 21 dating back to 1999.

February Win Streak
The Vols enter this week's midweek slate with an incredible 23-game win streak in the month of February. In that span, UT has outscored their opponents 191-33. UT's last February loss came against UNC Greensboro on Feb. 25, 2018.

Vols in the Polls
Tennessee entered the 2021 season ranked in the Top 25 nationally in four of the six major polls. This year marked the first time that the Vols had been ranked in the preseason Top 25 since 2007, when UT was ranked as high as No. 11 to begin the season.

The Vols jumped two spots from No. 19 to No. 17 in the Baseball America Top 25 and are just outside the Top 25 in the Collegiate Baseball Newspaper rankings, coming in at No. 27.

Tennessee Current Top 25 Rankings
USA Today #16
Baseball America #17
D1Baseball.com #19
NCBWA #20

Big Time Bullpen
Tennessee's pitching staff was solid throughout opening weekend (2.10 ERA), but the bullpen especially dominant. UT's relievers combined to allow just two runs and 11 hits while striking out 17 batters in 14.2 innings of work.

Redshirt senior LHP Redmond Walsh picked up his first save of the year in Friday's season opener and came back to earn the win in Saturday's contest. In his two appearances, Walsh pitched three shutout innings, allowing just three hits while striking out three. His save on Friday was the 12th of his career, moving him into sole possession of fourth on UT's career list. Senior RHP Jackson Leath was extremely impressive in his season debut. The preseason All-American tossed 5.2 scoreless innings of relief in Sunday's win, allowing just three hits and striking out six.

OPPONENT SCOUT
Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions
  • 2020 Record: 6-12 (3-3 SWAC)
  • 2020 Postseason: N/A
  • Head Coach: Carlos James (11th season) // Has led the UAPB to three SWAC Western Division championships (2014, 2015, 2016) while producing two conference players of the year.
  • UAPB was picked to finish fifth in the SWAC Western Division in the league's 2021 preseason poll.
  • The Golden Lions are led by senior first baseman Nick Kreutzer, who was a preseason All-SWAC first team selection.
  • The team's top returning pitcher is Korey Wasson. The right hander led the team with a 2-1 record and a 3.06 ERA in his three starts last season. He also led the Golden Lions with 21 strikeouts.
GAME PROMOTIONS
Upcoming promotions for all Tennessee athletics home events can be found on the UT Fan Experience page by clicking HERE.

Fans are encouraged to download the My All App for their phones and devices this season. The app is available on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store and will allow fans to participate in in-game trivia, the custom filter selfie cam and more throughout the year.

TUESDAY
  • $2 Tuesday: $2 Hot Dogs through 4th Inning
WEDNESDAY
  • FAN HQ: Check in at the Fan HQ tent located on the first-base concourse to load up on all things Vol Baseball!
ON DECK
The Vols welcome Indiana State to Rocky Top for a four-game series this weekend. The Vols and Sycamores will kick things off on Friday at 4:30 p.m. before playing a doubleheader on Saturday and wrapping things up on Sunday afternoon. All four games will be streamed on Watch ESPN and the ESPN app.

Last edited:
Reactions: feathersax and txbo
Someone educate me on how the tickets/capacity is looking at this point in time for going to a game at Lindsey Nelson? I would kill to go this upcoming weekend.

Reactions: Border Vol
Someone educate me on how the tickets/capacity is looking at this point in time for going to a game at Lindsey Nelson? I would kill to go this upcoming weekend.
I do know that tickets direct from the university are gone. I have seen quite a few posted in the secondary market. I am also not sure how much capacity this takes away, but I did find this pertaining to the 2021 home schedule:
  • A buffer zone has been established, which includes the elimination of the first row of seating in the lower-level of Lindsey Nelson Stadium as well as the Third Base Patios down the left field line.
  • The MVP Room and Playground in Lindsey Nelson Stadium will be closed.

Reactions: Border Vol
I do know that tickets direct from the university are gone. I have seen quite a few posted in the secondary market. I am also not sure how much capacity this takes away, but I did find this pertaining to the 2021 home schedule:
  • A buffer zone has been established, which includes the elimination of the first row of seating in the lower-level of Lindsey Nelson Stadium as well as the Third Base Patios down the left field line.
  • The MVP Room and Playground in Lindsey Nelson Stadium will be closed.
Awesome, thank you so much!

Reactions: NO SIR EEE
Do we know who is on the mound for these two games? Also, is it safe to assume Leath won't be available for these two games since he threw almost 6 innings Sunday?

Do we know of anyone else in the bullpen that is not available?

Do we know who is on the mound for these two games? Also, is it safe to assume Leath won't be available for these two games since he threw almost 6 innings Sunday?

Do we know of anyone else in the bullpen that is not available?
Not sure about the bullpen, I know Jason Rackers is supposed to take the mound this afternoon for Tennessee.

VN Store

Back