The Official #13 Tennessee @ Georgia Game Thread, 6:30 PM ET, SEC Network

Hopefully we get to see Aidoo and BHH continue to make progress in this game. BHH finally not looking so slow out on the court

Georgia is the worst defense in the SEC. Should be a game where our offense can get rolling, hopefully we hang 100 on them dawgs!

Reactions: walkenvol
It’s in the thread name, but don’t forget the early start time. 6:30. Too bad that the SEC Network programmers aren’t smart enough to move the next game back another 15 or 30 minutes. Games take longer than 2 hours. It’s stupid to start the next one at 8:30.

Georgia is the worst defense in the SEC. Should be a game where our offense can get rolling, hopefully we hang 100 on them dawgs!
They have one of the worst defenses in the country. We should let BHH and Aidoo get their work in

Only way this is close is if refs give UGA a friendly whistle. They get to the line a lot

LSU turned UGA over 26 times. I want to see us do that and limit our TOs to single digits. We’ll win by 40

They have one of the worst defenses in the country. We should let BHH and Aidoo get their work in

Only way this is close is if refs give UGA a friendly whistle. They get to the line a lot

Yes. Need to give SV and JJJ and KC early, lengthy rests to try keeping them out of foul trouble. Refs can easily jack things up for TN to help the TV ratings.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I wont get home until 8pm tonight but just pretend I'm here moaning and groaning and suddenly cheering like the rest of you goobers, at least I get to ff the commercial breaks tonight 😜

Go Big Orange

Honestly I'd love to see Powell shake out of his shooting funk... get more minutes cause of a good lead and see him drain 3 or 4 from deep to get his confidence up before going into the SECT

Reactions: 67Vol and golfballs
This is an SEC opponent on the road. As good as talking about 40 point wins and getting bench players signifigantly more time sounds, it's not likely to happen unless the Georgia team has mailed it in. We need to focus get the W and move on to Arkansas. Style points are meaningless.

Sorry, never going to happen. RB will pull the plug on the starters and along with that the score.
LSU turned UGA over 26 times. I want to see us do that and limit our TOs to single digits. We’ll win by 40
Not by 40, but I know what you mean ... this is the time of year you rest every starter and critical 2nd team player you can ... make sure they re healthy and rested. The score differential is inconsequential.
I see lots of minutes for those who are developing and polishing their games (in NO order) ... Bailey, Powell, Mashack, Aidoo, and to a lesser extent BHH.

However, if I am totally wrong ... I will come back and eat my bowl of crow .... and like it (Uhhhhhhhggg).

Sorry, never going to happen. RB will pull the plug on the starters and along with that the score.

Not by 40, but I know what you mean ... this is the time of year you rest every starter and critical 2nd team player you can ... make sure they re healthy and rested. The score differential is inconsequential.
I see lots of minutes for those who are developing and polishing their games (in NO order) ... Bailey, Powell, Mashack, Aidoo, and to a lesser extent BHH.

However, if I am totally wrong ... I will come back and eat my bowl of crow .... and like it (Uhhhhhhhggg).

I don’t think that Barnes would actually pull the plug. The 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th players are all pretty talented. Actually 9-11 are regular players (is Diboundje (#12) angling for the redshirt?) although Mashack has only been seeing rare minutes lately while spelling players in foul trouble. He could reward the walk ons in a one sided game, but I bet he’s more likely to get work in for the regulars that usually have fewer minutes. Powell and Mashack primarily.

Actually if he did call off the dogs it increases the chances of TN scoring 100. Barnes pulls the plug when he has them relax on defense. I don’t expect that to happen though even if it’s the walk ons in the game. He is conditioning the team to never slack on defense. He won’t press but he’ll expect maximum effort from his defenders always.

Bob and Bert hit the airwaves in 50 minutes. It’s weird to have TN basketball on a week day with the sun not yet set. It kind of feels like the first round of the NCAAT.

Reactions: volz2wallz
Hopefully the game is already in hand by the time the SOTUA comes on @ 8. Either way is a win - win for me. Vol sports and comedy are my favorites.

VN Store

Back