The Official #13 Tennessee @ #14 Missouri Game Thread, 3:30 PM ET, CBS

The defensive choke jobs we’ve seen for 3 years have to be addressed. They choked today. They flat out choked for a huge game. Again. For the 4th time now? Banks has to be let go along with Martinez.
Our offense and defense have become way too predictable and vanilla… when we don’t have elite talent to over take teams. Thought JH was the creative sort. Meanwhile OM showing variety out of the gate with UGA.

BRU got put out for the rest of the season, is he not big enough? Sorry but your viewpoint is idiotic. Nico could get hurt his 1st play of his 1st start or may never get hurt. You don’t know, I don’t know, huepel doesn’t know, the Pope doesn’t know. Don’t really give a damn if you think my viewpoint has any merit, I don’t think yours does. So who wins

I think he needs some time in the weight room. He'll be ready to go... ...next season. That's been the plan all along. Milton wasn't the problem today and hadnt been all season long. Guys like you can't admit that tho.

We’re just completely awful against only pretty good offenses. We got blown out today, the second half of Alabama and the first half or so of Florida. We’ve been handled physically and badly in all three of our losses.

The fumble before halftime killed momentum terrible time to fumble and the playcalling to start the second half was terrible. I wish Heuple would take that option play and tie a concrete block to it and throw it in the river behind Neyland stadium until he finds a QB that can run it effectively. Milton looks lost when he runs that play.

I hope Heup is the coach but I have concern as his teams struggle on the road. Jr was not a good team last yr and we had more talent (see NFL draft). He’s struggled this yr on the rd Vs FL and didn’t make any adjustments Vs Bama while Saban ddi at the half and attacked our secondary.

We need more talent in secondary but not getting a push from d line last few games is concerning. And I don’t buy we are being held every play. I refuse to blame refs though they can impact the momentum of a game. But players and coaches are used to it.
Saw a number of times when our D had gotten past the blocker but the blocker had their arm around the neck of the defender from behind (Baron, Pearce, etc.). Also happened numerous times at Bama, KY. Hard to get to the QB under those circumstances, but at the same time there were a number of holding calls on the Vols.

Reactions: vol94
Yes Milton is the reason we were #13
He had played a few good games but today wasn’t one of them. Cumulative effect certainly that this is a team game and was a dysfunctional team loss. Miz played UGA well and scouted us well. We had no answers. Is on coaches for gameplan but our trenches failed us badly today…well basically all position groups.

Reactions: Manning4ever
Uh, if the Dawgs put a whipping on us next week, does this mean Vandy might have more fans at the game when we play them?

Saw a number of times when our D had gotten past the blocker but the blocker had their arm around the neck of the defender from behind (Baron, Pearce, etc.). Also happened numerous times at Bama, KY. Hard to get to the QB under those circumstances, but at the same time there were a number of holding calls on the Vols.
Until somebody is held accountable, it won’t change. I don’t know who can do it.
It’s almost like a sly way of protesting the lack of more severe punishment for the ncaa

Reactions: I4Vols
Yes Milton is the reason we were #13
Well, maybe not. He hasn’t been terrible, but there are far better QBs out there. Tonight wasn’t really his fault and he didn’t get us beat, I just don’t think he sees the field all that well. The defense got demolished and was made worse by the inability of the offense to sustain drives and score points.

Reactions: Manning4ever
I think he needs some time in the weight room. He'll be ready to go... ...next season. That's been the plan all along. Milton wasn't the problem today and hadnt been all season long. Guys like you can't admit that tho.
By “guys like me” do you mean someone who has been a fan and has seen almost every game since 1973. Milton was not the only problem today, but for some reason he plays qb ( the most important position on any football team) and has been a problem since he started playing the position. It’s guys like you who except mediocrity and think their some kind of football expert and try to convince people here of your football prowess. Milton is not smart enough or good enough to play winning football in the SEC

I would say something about the refs but this was still a game going into the 4th quarter. The whole world knew that the defense had to stop number 7 we all knew that last week and what did this defense do they let him have a record day. Shame on you Banks for such a terrible game plan to contain him today. Shame on you.

VN Store

Back