The Official #11 Tennessee vs. Tennessee Tech Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SEC Network+

I have one login for ESPN and I have a different one for ESPN+

Pay for YouTube TV and that one gives me the access to ESPN. It's not extra and because I have the YouTube TV I can get it.

ESPN+ is bundled with Disney+ and I have to use it for any of the ESPN+ or SEC+ content that's not airing on regular TV. Pain in the ass, but is what it is.

ESPN and ESPN+ are not the same. To the best of my knowledge, last night's game was ESPN+ only. If you have a subscription that includes ESPN (like cable or YoutubeTV), you have access to anything on ESPN, but not ESPN+. You need a completely separate ESPN+ subscription to see any content that is shown on ESPN+.
I Agree. That is what I have been saying. Thanks for your post.

Ok…someone has to help you figure this out. I am not that tech savvy, but I just know a checklist. Have you first found TDS as your subscriber within the app? Then it usually asks you to use your mobile device to activate a code. Then you go to the game and make sure you choose SECN+. Sometimes with YouTube, we have to log out and then back in to reset it.
I have done all of that and it doesn’t work. Thanks for the reply.

ESPN and ESPN+ are not the same. To the best of my knowledge, last night's game was ESPN+ only. If you have a subscription that includes ESPN (like cable or YoutubeTV), you have access to anything on ESPN, but not ESPN+. You need a completely separate ESPN+ subscription to see any content that is shown on ESPN+.

As checkerboards said, it was not ESPN+ only. I do not pay for ESPN+, and I have watched all UT football, basketball, and baseball games for the last 2 years.

As checkerboards said, it was not ESPN+ only. I do not pay for ESPN+, and I have watched all UT football, basketball, and baseball games for the last 2 years.

Your two statements are not compatible. Most UT events, especially football, are not ESPN+ events. You can not believe me if you want, but I based on what I saw as well as @VOLINVONORE 's description, I'm 99% certain yesterday was a + only event which is why people could not directly access it through the ESPN app.

Your two statements are not compatible. Most UT events, especially football, are not ESPN+ events. You can not believe me if you want, but I based on what I saw as well as @VOLINVONORE 's description, I'm 99% certain yesterday was a + only event which is why people could not directly access it through the ESPN app.
But you could.
When I clicked on the game, I gave me 3 options. ESPN+, SECN+, and a Spanish version. All you had to do is click the SECN+ version and you were good to go.

This is incorrect. I don't have ESPN+, and I watched it. Folks are having trouble differentiating the 2.

Edit: I see you found it out.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards

VN Store

Back