The Official #1 Tennessee vs. West Virginia Game Thread, 4:00 PM ET, ESPN

THE SERIES

Tennessee trails the all-time series with West Virginia, 3-5, dating to 1958. This is the 196th meeting.

The Mountaineers have a 2-1 edge when the series is played in Knoxville.

Tennessee is 13-18 all-time against current members of the Big 12 Conference.
Would it not be the 9th meeting?

This will be our biggest challenge today. By far our biggest weakness is their biggest strength
149AC18B-BD45-4802-A394-D5D40BAD37AE.jpeg

As a team they foul a **** ton. I think the Vols get out and run and light them up with Schofield bouncing back. Like we’ve all been observing, Vols need to focus on D and what I highlighted above is a good place to start. Bolden vs Bone is a good matchup. Will be fun to watch. Vols by 17.

Reactions: sport3500
Expect more fouls on Grant with his physical play when SEC refs aren't calling.

Expect more fouls on Grant with his physical play when SEC refs aren't calling.
Pretty sure basketball refs are assigned by proximity rather than by conference. We will get one of the usual groups of refs for this one.

I hate that we have yet another opponent that was supposed to be pretty good this year but have been horrible. They beat Kansas, so they can't be complete *** this year. I hope that Huggy is drunk.

I hate that we have yet another opponent that was supposed to be pretty good this year but have been horrible. They beat Kansas, so they can't be complete *** this year. I hope that Huggy is drunk.
its bizarre. Each of their games prior and after to Kansas they played like complete dog ****.

No prediction on the score but we have a big game to watch as the #1 ranked team on ESPN main channel. Doesn't get any better than this!

We really need to step on their throat and keep the pressure up in this one. I think they have decent enough players to make this a game if we let them have a little hope. We need to go back to working the ball inside out and taking threes when they are given, not chucking up bad shots. On D we need to get back to playing a lock down man and stop getting killed on our switching. If we play how we should this should be a 20+ point statement win and for the first time ever we will ride into week 2 of being ranked #1.

We're getting everybody's best effort. Good for getting ready for the NCAAT. Bad that we're struggling with bad to average opponents.

We're getting everybody's best effort. Good for getting ready for the NCAAT. Bad that we're struggling with bad to average opponents.
Yeah, I expect a Kansas-game-like effort out of WV, today. But man, they looked like sh!t against Baylor earlier this week. I think I predicted an 80-67, Vols win. I do think we are due to blow somebody out, tho. Hope it's today.

I’m not sure if coaches think the best way to beat Tennessee is to dirty the game up, foul, and keep Tennessee out of their comfort zone offensively, keep them from running, but it seems to be somewhat of the blueprint that gives this team trouble. The problem is.... it hasn’t worked as far as winning ball games. I just hope people keep it classy, but when you’re number 1, people instantly hate you, and I for one love it.

Reactions: VOLstuckinKY2

VN Store

Back