The Official #1 Tennessee vs #24 Alabama Weekend Series Thread (Friday 6:30PM EST SEC NET+) (Saturday 6PM EST SEC NET+) (Sunday 1PM EST SEC NET+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@preacherman20 alluded to it and likely has more info, but I was told that Halvorsen would be out for the season.
It’s a possibility.. and maybe I missed something but from what I’ve seen he was sore after throwing this week and until he can throw with no soreness these coaches aren’t going to put them out there out of an abundance of caution

Just going to throw this idea out there. So it seems we have good news on Doolander. Still have a hard time believing he doesn’t miss at least one start. So how about this: we give him this coming weekend off (start Tidwell in place). Follow this up with giving Burns the next weekend off (Auburn series). And then give Beam a weekend off the following (Kentucky series).

Just an idea to give everyone a break, particularly the freshmen. Also allows Tidwell to get stretched out. Don’t hammer me too bad.
1/2 of baseball is being in a routine. You don't just randomly start pulling guys in and out like that. Best bet if they wanted to do that would be a piggyback situation where you limit them to 75 pitches then have Blade come in as a long guy to get it to the later innings. The issue with that though is you lose your innings eaters so if someone else gets blown up you're screwed.

Far ahead thinking, but bear with me. Say we go on at our current pace and finish first in the SEC with a 28-2, 27-3 type record. Would it really benefit us to play in the little tournament in Hoover. By that point wouldn't we be almost a guaranteed national seed. So why waste the arms and risk playing in Hoover. It would be nice to be crowned SEC champions, but there is a much bigger and prize out there to latch on to. Talk to me and tell.me what y'all think.
Because baseball is a routine/rhythm sport. You can't just start pulling guys out of their routine or it could mess them up pretty badly. Best thing to do would be having them throw but limiting them to a small number of pitches.

Just going to throw this idea out there. So it seems we have good news on Doolander. Still have a hard time believing he doesn’t miss at least one start. So how about this: we give him this coming weekend off (start Tidwell in place). Follow this up with giving Burns the next weekend off (Auburn series). And then give Beam a weekend off the following (Kentucky series).

Just an idea to give everyone a break, particularly the freshmen. Also allows Tidwell to get stretched out. Don’t hammer me too bad.

I think it’s a good idea. Burns appeared to need a week off before last Friday. It’s really mentally & physically taxing as a freshman as every game is a big game vs top players unlike high school or even travel ball.

Looking at Drylo’s numbers, Georgia’s conference record makes zero sense.

I can explain it pretty easily.

1650289026285.png

But seriously, they lost series to A&M (home) and Kentucky (away), and took 2/3 from MSU (home) and USCE (away). The only real surprise is that they swept the Gators (at home).

Next four weeks they have Bama (away), LSU (away), Vandy (home), UT (away). Let’s revisit in four weeks.

However, it does sound like they will get Cannon back soon.

I was out of pocket last weekend so I didn’t get to watch any games, but I got to listen to the entirety of yesterday’s beat down. Way to win the series

I was in enemy territory in Fayetteville

Reactions: vol66
You don’t start messing with Burns. He hasn’t been that bad. Yes , his last 2 outings haven’t been great but the last thing you do is get in your Friday night guys head…. Personally I think he comes out against Florida and is lights out…. His stuff is to good… with the movement he has , your going to have an issue with location from time to time. Just watch. He’s due a lights out outing. I link the first outing to bad weather and I link the last to the home plate umpire. Sure didn’t help. All of our pitchers where squeezed IMO… Burns May move to the pen when Dollander comes back… This team has the arms and they have been needed. Not many teams could do what the Pen did this weekend … I firmly believe we have 6 guys that could be starters in the SEC…. Burns,Dollander,Beam, Tidwell, Mabry, and Sewell…. I really like Mabry. He and Sewell have logged some great innings for us in the last 2 weeks… pretty much have taken us to the mid-late innings unscathed!!!

You don’t start messing with Burns. He hasn’t been that bad. Yes , his last 2 outings haven’t been great but the last thing you do is get in your Friday night guys head…. Personally I think he comes out against Florida and is lights out…. His stuff is to good… with the movement he has , your going to have an issue with location from time to time. Just watch. He’s due a lights out outing. I link the first outing to bad weather and I link the last to the home plate umpire. Sure didn’t help. All of our pitchers where squeezed IMO… Burns May move to the pen when Dollander comes back… This team has the arms and they have been needed. Not many teams could do what the Pen did this weekend … I firmly believe we have 6 guys that could be starters in the SEC…. Burns,Dollander,Beam, Tidwell, Mabry, and Sewell…. I really like Mabry. He and Sewell have logged some great innings for us in the last 2 weeks… pretty much have taken us to the mid-late innings unscathed!!!
There's a saying in baseball. Every year you're going to have 5 good outings and 5 bad outings, it's what you do in between that tells the story. Burns is due for another good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back