The Official #1 Tennessee vs #24 Alabama Weekend Series Thread (Friday 6:30PM EST SEC NET+) (Saturday 6PM EST SEC NET+) (Sunday 1PM EST SEC NET+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why what Tony did in bumping the ump is so painful to us. We need his leadership in these games. We are in a ferocious pennant race and his leadership is crucial. He has to do a better job of controlling his temper in the future. Especially after he saw that Frank was tossed. He was entirely justified in arguing with the ump, and possibly even getting tossed himself. But bumping the ump is something that will bring this team some pain. I hope he learns from this.
Dumb

Reactions: GrayWaterCanine
It baffles me that umpires can touch coaches/players all they want, but you’d better not breathe on them.
There is no rule about players/coaches “touching” umpires. It happens all the time. CTV bum rushed the umpire after getting ejected and chest bumped him. That is not allowed at any level and he will definitely pay the price.

This is why what Tony did in bumping the ump is so painful to us. We need his leadership in these games. We are in a ferocious pennant race and his leadership is crucial. He has to do a better job of controlling his temper in the future. Especially after he saw that Frank was tossed. He was entirely justified in arguing with the ump, and possibly even getting tossed himself. But bumping the ump is something that will bring this team some pain. I hope he learns from this.

I think he will learn from this. While I understand that there are ramifications for next weekend, today’s goal is winning the rubber match. I have a hunch that the team will try to continue the momentum from last night’s win.

Regardless of today’s outcome, I’m sure the implications and ramifications will be a hot topic of discussion once today’s game is over and all this week.

That would be the prudent thing to do, but in my opinion they will not have the guts to do so. There is almost zero repercussions or consequences for terrible officiating or in this case total buffoonery by said umpire.
They would be admitting that the chump was wrong. I do agree that He should not be there at all. They should suspend him while they review.

I'm not worried about having enough pitching for this game. If Halvorsen is the third injured pitcher, and not Joyce, then we have Beam, Joyce, Tidwell, Seacrest, and just about everyone else - maybe even Burns - can give us an inning or a batter or two, except Sewell. Mid-week game, though............

No way Sankey admits to poor quality officiating
$ankey is "The Puppet of Birmingham" and protects only one
I’m not suggesting removing him for being a crappy umpire, but being in a controversial incident which could carry over to todays game. Doubt it ever will happen however may not be a bad idea….

Final day of the 3-round weekend dogfight:

Here’s hoping that Beam fares much better than Burns and Dollander. We need him to go as long as possible. Sending positive vibes that he stays healthy (and nothing wacky happens). 🤞🏽🙏🏼

Curious to know how our relief pitching comes together today. I think one thing to keep in mind is Blade’s availability. Given Dollander’s status, we probably need Blade in the starting rotation next weekend.

I think our lineup will be ready to go. Coach Elander and the remaining coaches will be ready. Our fans in attendance will be ready to cheer our guys and give Mr. Napoleon a loud earful. I bet he will insert himself today.

Bring it on. Let’s go compete and win the series!
If he inserts himself into the game without cause he should be banned from all of baseball not just UT games. Either way he should never be at a UT games again.

I think he will learn from this. While I understand that there are ramifications for next weekend, today’s goal is winning the rubber match. I have a hunch that the team will try to continue the momentum from last night’s win.

Regardless of today’s outcome, I’m sure the implications and ramifications will be a hot topic of discussion once today’s game is over and all this week.
Yes Ma’am. Fodder for the interwebz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back